Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone been biking in Meribel?
  • Arch-stanton
    Free Member

Hi all,
    We are looking at going to Meribel this summer for a week biking.. Has anyone been before and if so, can you recommend anywhere that is bike friendly.. preferably fully catered..?
    Where would be the best place to stay with regard to the trails?

Cheers

Cougar

It’s from a couple of years ago now but, any use?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-been-to-meribel-mountain-biking

ton

been to meribel, la Tania and courcheval.
    the whole are is great for natural singletrack type riding.
    the 3 valleys area has one of the best trail systems in the alps also one of the best lift systems.
    from top meribel there is a ridge line ride all the way to the iron cross abone brides le bain. it is not to be missed. the final descent is the scariest bit of trail I have ever ridden.

Arch-stanton
    Free Member

Cheers Cougar and Ton.. I’d seen that thread, but there’s no mention of accommodation.. I’ve looked around the usual sites and there doesn’t seem to be much accommodation that’s open in the summer..

ton

we rented a apartment from one of the ski companies. I think it was about £150 for the week. slept for of us, with free use of open air pool.
    also a few walking companies hire out apartments in the summer.
    look on meribels or la Tania’s official website for summer links.
    that is where we found ours.

peasant
    Free Member

Try these http://www.alpineethos.co.uk/ fully catered and know all the trails i might go there again this year 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

We’ve been to Meribel a few times and love it, fantastic trail network covering a massive area.

Another recommendation for Alpine Ethos.

We rented one of their apartments in Les Allues the first time we went, and it was great. Heather and Andy both keen bikers and know their way around the best trails.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Had a couple of days there last summer, primarily for the Courchevel area but Meribel was heaps more impressive. The Enduro track from Saulire goes on on forever and the dh stuff on the opposite side of the valley was ace… Camped down in Bozel but had a car.Seemed quiet considering it was peak season so i’d imagine accom should be easy enough to source.

meribelmtb
    Free Member

Thanks Neal and Tony, nice to get a recommendation.

@Arch-Stanton get in touch if you’d like more info. Meribel has been making pretty big strides over the last few years and the trails have moved on since the guys above stayed with us. Let me know if we can help.

Andy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been biking in Meribel?’ is closed to new replies.