Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone been around Bennachie and Gordon Way area lately?
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

What’s the fallen tree situation so far? I’ve seen the trees cleared from Pitfichie, was hoping they’d done the Bennachie side as well.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I went. It’s 99.9% clear.

roverpig

The path from the Donview car park heading up to the left is a mess and still technically closed, but most of the trees have been cleared.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ll define my findings a bit: The Gordon way is clear from the visitor’s centre up to the junction with bottom of Rocky Horror Show. I then went the fireroad way to the top of March Burn. There was one solitary fallen tree across the track just short of where the fireroad joins the Gordon Way again.

euain

My last ride, we went up the Gordon Way from the junction with RHS – and that was clear other than 1 or 2 trees you could step over easily enough. Looks like the trails are opening up again! :).

The trails I’m missing – and not holding my breath for – are those from the top of Millstone straight back towards Donview. Anyone had a play on them recently? Last time I was down, they were fine at the top but the bottom was about 500m of carnage (just above the newly-felled trees).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been around Bennachie and Gordon Way area lately?’ is closed to new replies.