Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Anyone been a surrogate father for a friend?
  • toppers3933
    Free Member

She should apply to adopt.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’m sure there was a case maybe a year back where a friend/donor got copped for child support despite having an agreement from the, erm, recipient saying they absolved him of all responsibility.

Kids can be an expensive business, couple of years down the line when times are hard and you might get a strange letter from a lawyer asking for upkeep of little Johnny. From experience of friends having kids in latter life you get used to a certain level of lifestyle which those pesky kids intrude on.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m being totally disrespectful here of your friends situation, but from her Work/Life Balance POV maybe this would suffice..

midlifecrashes

Maybe one of these:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjTL_RZCNR0[/video]

hora
    Free Member

Don’t want legal comeback? Yet you want to sow your oats/sire a child without any financial commitment?

You want to create a single parent family, bringing a child into the world with financial support?

Shallow as a puddle. Even to consider it.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Still waiting for her to text.

chewkw
    Free Member

breninbeener – Member
    Its not lost on me that she can hear her biological clock ticking although she is only early 30s.

OP if you do it then you WILL be the father. Not bad if you are allowed two wives … 😀

However … my view … true story.

Tick tock! Tick tock! Her biological clock screams …

She is very near to the edge of her biological clock now and the “sale by date” is not far away IMO …

Soon she will not be the one doing the choosing as her time frame starts to close.

Advise her not to be too picky in life.

Advise her to find a person with good heart, love her genuinely, understand her, acceptable look then settle down.

Forget all those ideals she has in look, being money printers, trendy hipster or fashion conscious type …

Otherwise she will become a home wrecker or a mistress or a sex toy to other men who will use her once she has passed by her sale by date.

I have seen many cases at my place of work where the women was chasing their careers and under pressure to impress or to climb the corporate ladder whatever shite … they really don’t know where they are heading …

BANG! One day when they wake up they find themselves in their late 30s and nearly mid 40s … single, healthy perhaps rich but still alone. They will then realise that it might be too late to have natural birth or to start own family – well they/you can adopt or buy one (in the far east people buy. Yes, buy!). Time waits for no one … They do not even know time has passed by long time ago … all their looks, probability of settling down to have a family … gone! Kaput!

I actually said all the above to several of my female colleagues to warn them in advance … some take note others don’t.

I know one that recently woke up from her career dream in her mid 40s. I know her when she was in her late 20s … time flies …

She was once a very pretty and beautiful woman who was able to pick and choose but decided career come first … now she goes to concert on her own, watch movie in cinema by herself (she told me all that) and recently ended a relationship with another man. I think the man left knowing that starting a family might be difficult or vice versa … Very sad coz she is very pretty when she was younger … now aged.

Very sad …

edit: I can donate my life essence (sperm) to her but she got to be my woman i.e. wife … then she must adopt the mentality of “Woman! Know your place!” 😆 … no no just joking … I don’t do that to woman. I am kind a hearted person … 😛

gobuchul
    Free Member

Shallow as a puddle. Even to consider it.

To be fair to the OP, it sounds like she asked him.

You want to create a single parent family, bringing a child into the world with financial support?

Are you serious?

binners

Can she not just go and loiter round a boozer with a flat roof on a caaaaarncil estate somewhere? Those places are apparently full of the most fertile blokes on earth with nowt better to do. They can impregnate her while barely looking up between pints. They’re always in the Daily Mail banging on about how they’ve got 24 kids from 32 different mothers….

gobuchul
    Free Member

So it was a joke then?

chewkw
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member

Are you serious? [/quote]
    That is one possibility which cannot be overlooked.

binners – Member
    Can she not just go and loiter round a boozer with a flat roof on a caaaaarncil estate somewhere?

Bad gene … or knowingly inflict oneself with bad gene is a bad idea. She would be better off remaining single than to create another bad gene in the society. Cannot help then minimise the damage, contain self or try not inflict pain on others so try not to replicate bad genes coz there are plenty about …

My cousin adopted two children with unknown gene source (parents’ genes) in the far east now they have nightmare coz their children are in the late teens. Yes, you might say that’s the normal teenage development but Not normal in the far east nor in our family. Bad gene is bad gene.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

lol @ Chest Rockwell 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

😆 @ “gene” … good that! 😛

Keep them coming … 😆

m0rk
    Free Member

hora
    Don’t want legal comeback?

Probably too late once it’s done it’s job

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well the option is there to screw around with some random bloke, but the Gene Pool limitations may sour the taste some.
    I’d offer up both genetic screening and manipulation, seems it’s all the rage these days.

So no matter who/what the inherited liquid is, she can choose both flavour and colour with syrup on.

BOL.

Post pix.

ampthill

On a practical note

I know two same sex couple who obtained sperm from America. Basically UK is sperm donnor free due to lack of anonimity

As with all parenting issues we criticise those who plan and make arrangements and think things through. While others produce off spring they genuinley don’t want due to a lack of care

slimjim78
    Free Member

C’mon man, this is grade ‘A’ baby gravy we got here.

Stop bustin my balls man

binners

Gene Pool limitations may sour the taste some.

Well she’s never going to get up the duff like that!

jamj1974

Anyone been a surrogate father for a friend?

Not that he knows of… 😉

DISCLAIMER: The above is work of fiction with the sole excuse that someone had to say it.

IGMC

wwaswas

sperm from America

Finest kind.

DrJ

Had friends in slightly similar situation. What put her off was the thought that if the kid looked like the father that would be a bit weird for everyone. She went for IVF.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Do you get to practise with her?

Seriously what if she makes financial claims in the future?

See a solicitor if you are serious.

Scapegoat

Sure there was some chap who met women at service stations and handed over a deposit.

Bottled or draught?

thecaptain
    Free Member

I think it’s been covered, but it’s not just about the mother changingher mind and choosing to make a claim. The mother simply doesn’t have the authority to absolve the father of financial responsibility, which is just as well, as otherwise the taxpayer (potentially) has to pick up the bill, or the child goes without, which is hardly fair as the situation was not of their making.

ampthill

Following on from thecaptains post

Where would you stand legally and emotionally if she died unexpectedly in the child’s early years

wwaswas

Not sure you’ve followed the nature nurture debate that well

dazh

Aside from the innuendo etc I can’t really see a problem with it. As long as you both understand and agree your future obligations to the child and what you may be legally liable for should that agreement break down then why not? I can understand a woman wanting to be a mother but not wanting a partner. There’s far too much stigma attached to single mother-dom. And I can also understand a woman wanting to know where the donor sperm is coming from. I think in your position I’d be considering it seriously.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Suggest she looks at adoption (or fostering) . There are more than enough children in the world already who would benefit hugely from a loving home without having to orchestrate a situation in which you can create a new one.

Stevet1
    Free Member

so unless you want our babies to have sex with each I’m going to have to have sex with Melissa 😥

wwaswas

Not sure you’ve followed the nature nurture debate that well

Being a red neck isn’t genetic?

Who knew!

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been a surrogate father for a friend?’ is closed to new replies.