Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone Avalanched a fox RP23 shock before?
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Looking to go down the CCDB route but a tuned shock seems cheaper than an infinitely tuneable one

kimbers

can u do an RP23?

I did a DHX air (bough a s/h one with a blown reservoir)

its really is impressive

but you will get stung for taxes so it doesnt work out as cheap as you think, still cheaper than a ccdb though and they are very helpful with what your needs are and setup etc

tmb467
    Free Member

cheers for that

Yeah they change the BV to be more speed responsive and move HS compression to the propedal lever

Just curious how that would work on a fivespot

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

I see, the HS compression doesnt work the same as the propedal, so you lose the full lockout but it pedals better than before and is much more controlled descending

twohats
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up a brand new CCDBA for £230!
    I was going to go down the Avalanche route but realised I could pick up A Cane Creek for about the same price as sending my Fox shock to the states, give or take a few quid!

tmb467
    Free Member

Main concern in fitting a CCDBa to a 2011 5-spot is the lack of space

I’ve seen that you can put an inline in (with an offset bush) but don’t think anything bigger will fit (hence the frame changes they did for 2012)

At least with an Avvy mod the shock will fit and they can hopefully tune it to the leverage ratio / keep the damping low

fr0sty125
    Free Member

CCDBA for £230?

twohats
    Free Member

Yep,eBay is your friend!
    Came from a German eBay shop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Avalanched a fox RP23 shock before?’ is closed to new replies.