• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rj.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone at CYB today? And can you put 36s on a Meta 5.5?
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

Thought I'd put two Qs in one post to save cluttering the forum. Had a brilliant ride at Coed y brenin today. Did the MBR which is probably my favourite. Very nice weather apart from a few puddles here and there.

Secondly can you put 36s, or any 160mm fork on a meta 55 (2008)? I've seen Orange 5s, Hecklers, Yeti 575s etc with 140mm and 160mm forks on. What about a meta 55? Wanting to make mine nice and burly then lighten my h/tail right up.

wellys
    Free Member

160mm on the meta wouldnt be the best, they are rated for 140mm forks

get the 36 talas and set them at 130mm ….perfect 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

I wouldn't have done it if it were in warranty though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Telemaster18
    Free Member

What's it like djglover? Are they floats/vans/talas? Is warranty 1 year? Think mine's up anyway then

djglover
    Free Member

It's good, rides very very well. Its too much travel for a frame that can't really handle all the travel it has already though. Like many metas, mine has cracked, I'm riding it till it dies though. Or maybe until I find a cheap patriot or heckler!

They are TALAS

Telemaster18
    Free Member

No fork change then. Want to get a Heckler frame soon anyway.

Coed y Brenin today anyone?

zangolin
    Free Member

Did MBR at CYB for the first time on Wed evening – only two cars in the whole car park + only saw two other humans the whole way round and they were runners. Sun was out for most of the way round (which was very novel).
    Did Climax trail the following morning (8am). This time no humans all way round. Loved the descent + views, and again sun was out again for most of the way.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Sun was out all day today. Did Climax trail a couple of months ago or something. Very good decents on it yeh. Was pissing it down then though and was very slippy on some of the rocks.

devs
    Free Member

Gonna be at CyB first thing tomorrow. Think I'll tame the beast. Might do Climachx on the way back too depending on how I'm feeling. Will prob do CyB aagin this week if I get a pass off the missus and kids who have developed an addiction to crab fishing!

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Crab fishing is da bomb! I use to go to Barmouth when I was a kid.

….goes to ask missus "can we go to Barmouth"

iolo
    Free Member

I did the MBR today.
    Hit a tree hard with my head though and have a bloody stiff neck.
    My Giro XEN in a bit dented. Time for a new one.

grumm
    Free Member

Remember Giro do a crash replacement scheme

devs
    Free Member

Anyone riding there tomorrow that sees me say hello. I'll be the billy no mates big bloke on a black nomad.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Did dragons back today and it was brilliant (apart from the mass of chuffin walkers blocking the bit back from the centre to the car park ..ignorant sod's clearly seeing we were riding up but they didn't move !!!)

rj
    Free Member

I have Lyriks on my 2008 Meta5. Rides fine, hasn't cracked.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone at CYB today? And can you put 36s on a Meta 5.5?’ is closed to new replies.