Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone around Huddersfield/Sheffield up for a ride?
  • gmex619
    Free Member

As above guys..

Genuinely lived around here (Penistone) for 3 years and know no one too ride with and no trails/routes.

Only group ride I know of is around Abbeydale Sheffield and it’s not exactly local for me.. but since I’ve finally built a bike I enjoy I’d like too go riding.

So yeah if anyone’s up for a ride or even does one usually with a few people or something and wouldn’t mind a tag along I’d appreciate the heads up.

Cheers

thejesmonddingo

I live in Silkstone,but I’m old fat and slow,but can show you some local trails if you want.
    Ian

hora
    Free Member

Buy the vgraphics books. Great easy to follow. Group rides are over rated

banks
    Free Member

Join a club. Rob’s ride peak district is mint. Manchester mountain bikers if you drive. Over other side of the hills often

jet26
    Free Member

Ingbirchworth. Always up for a ride.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

2 new members 🙂

gmex619
    Free Member

Yeah I drive alot.. Originally from the other side of Manchester so I’m over and through pretty often.. Atleast every few weeks..

Ingbirchworth, wow I didn’t think that place was big enough for there too be any bikers! I’ll message you jet.

mashiehood
    Free Member

drop me an email – i did a cracking ride about 5 miles from Huddersfield two weeks ago. Can send GPX file

gmex619
    Free Member

What’s a GPX File? 😳 😕

jamesco

bugger me, we all ought to meet up at back o tesco sometime!
    thinking of a ride out wi wy roughriders meself soon.

jools182
    Free Member

Any info on Rob’s ride peak district?

Google finds nothing

brokensoul
    Free Member

Rob Jackson’s Facebook link further up

hora
    Free Member

Mashiehood would love that too if poss markhoracekuk at yahoooo com

daveh
    Free Member

Thurgoland here. You’ve never done Cut Gate or Wharncliffe/Greno?! 😯 I’ve no one local to ride with since they’ve all gone to the darkside. Will probably be out this weekend assuming I’ll have shaken off this d&v thing I have presently.

ricdiggle
    Free Member

Denby dale here. Go out often but rarely plan anything as I’m busy with work/gym/wife/kids.

Best tip is to use strava to find routes. I’ve set off from Penistone a few times – go down the TPT for a bit and into Greno Woods and Wharncliffe. You can’t go wrong once there.
    Let me have your email and I’ll let you know next time I head out if you like.

steel4real
    Free Member

Try West Yorkshire Rough Riders – website and facebook of same name.

Regular rides in your area – at least 2 different regular routes (one which takes in Wharncliffe & another, Silkstone, from Oxspring, which is just down the road from Penistown. 🙂

Also, why not ask in you local bike shop – Lex’s, assuming he’s still going ?

hora
    Free Member

Rob where are you riding this weekend?

jet26
    Free Member

Lex’s has bit the dust. A decent ish loop is silkstone – travellers inn (via bridleway) – ox spring via old wagon way – transpennine – thurlstone (over ford) – Roy’s moor via bridleway – Ingbirchworth – scout dyke – gunthwaite – Cawthorne – silkstone.

Mosf of that can be linked offroad. It’s not that techy but its nice riding.

mashiehood
    Free Member

GPX files sent to those who requested. The ride is a corker with barely any road – its a tough one, 38 miles and 5000 ft of climbing.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Not riding this weekend Hora, work is manic this week

jackthedog
    Free Member

PO, you’re about 20 minutes along a traffic free, level route right into the woods that gave us Steve Peat.

gmex619
    Free Member

James. Back of tesco is my house ha! Literally.. my back garden runs onto tesco.

Dave drop me a mail and we can try and arrange something?

Lexs went a while ago. So has the guy in scissett and stocksbridge too.

My nearest shops are geared up in wombwell and a guy on the way too huddersfield and neither do rides fromthe shop.

Not tried the on one outlet in Barnsley though..

Ric ill email you if its in your profile if not can you email me.

thejesmonddingo

You can ride to the One-one at Worsborough from your house,and only crooss a couple of roads gmex

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone around Huddersfield/Sheffield up for a ride?’ is closed to new replies.