Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone applied for emergency proxy vote?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I though I would be able to get back home to vote but it might be rather tricky now. However the only way to get a proxy vote now is via the emergency form. It does state ‘occupation’ as one if the reasons i.e. you are away at work.

Is it a ball ache to do? Do you get grilled about it?

camo16
    Free Member

Just chill out about it. I can’t imagine any scenario where I would be that desperate to vote – I don’t imagine your vote will make much of a difference.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is it a real emergency ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IanMunro
    Free Member

The future of the country could be in the balance on it.

camo16
    Free Member

The future of the country could be in the balance on it.

😀 😀 😀

Classic

Or, if you know someone who’ll vote the ‘other way’, say you’ll buy him or her a couple of chilled Stellas if he/she agrees not to bother voting. Sorted.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I could vote for you – who do you like?

Edit: More seriously can your missis (or other) do it by proxy?

molgrips
    Free Member

My Mrs can yes, I just want to know if the ball ache of arranging it is worse than the ball ache of trying to excuse myself from work.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Surely a man who likes to plan for every possible outcome like you appear to do would have thought of this possibility and arranged a postal vote in advance….

Rookie error.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just leave a couple of hours earlier.

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely a man who likes to plan for every possible outcome like you appear to do

Ah. That’s only with technical interesting challenges. I’m really really bad at organisational and administrative things, because I am too busy thinking about interesting technical challenges 🙂

My original plan was to take the Friday off so I could go home on the Thursday but things have developed to the point they may not let me.

Just leave a couple of hours earlier.

I’m away Mon-Fri so I would have to take a day off or drive for over 5 hours on Thursday.

senorj

I have had to apply. Google your local electoral registration office.
    Fill in the form .scan. Email to local office.
    I applied on Friday and received a receipt notification the same day…..
    Apparently they send you an email approval and all your proxy has to do is take ID and your polling card.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone applied for emergency proxy vote?’ is closed to new replies.