Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone any experience of a Nukeproof Mega tr 275
  • falkirk-mark

As title I fancy trying a new bike and have seen these at a good price always liked the nukeproof but do not have knowledge of these. My main bike just now is a 2010 Orange 5 so how would it compare to one of these (happy with the 5 just fancy another bike).

falkirk-mark

Anyone from the morning crowd I my finger is ready to buy one now.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve ridden a couple of them, but not your 5. Off the top of my head I would imagine the geometry would be a leap forward from your 5. But then most current bikes will. They ride okay but feel basic, climb okay but not amazingly.

Nukeproof and Sram finishing kit is a mixed bag. Bars feel awful, hard to put my finger on it, I think it’s the backsweep. I wouldn’t have avid brakes near me due to constant bleeding they require. Revelations are a good fork but 150mm is a stretch and they felt a bit noodly. All the sponsored riders were running TRs with 150mm Pikes.

I noticed a few were popping up with chronic bearing issues due to them coming with dry bearings from the factory. Same regualarly crops up with NP headsets and hubs.

Lester
    Free Member

morning
    ive got a large mega tr 275
    coming from a medium ibis mojo.
    first impressions were very very good, so good i bought an am 275 as well !
    i have the mattocs on the tr and they are really nice, i have pikes on the am, and they were nice until they popped a seal which is a common fault apparently.
    ive never had an orange so cant compare, but im loving my Tr 🙂

Lester
    Free Member

im happy with how mine climbs:-)
    mines a 2014 by the way

carlphillips
    Free Member

I went from a 2012 five to a np mega tr 275 late last year.
    its better in every way! suspension works better, it climbs/peddles better and for me it gives much more confidence in the air, over rough stuff and at speed…
    I would definitely recommend one over the 5.

FWIW I swapped all my components over from the 5 so its pretty much a direct frame comparison.
    150mm vengeance forks if that helps

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have been out on a lot of the rides that underpinned Wideopen’s test, which seems fair enough.

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

I went from a 26″ wheel Five to a Mega TR275 and have never looked back – Mega feels so much better on descents than the Five did – I’m riding DH tracks on it with no problems. I swapped bars and had to replace a couple of frame bearings after a year but that’s been it. No issues with Revelations.

Are you buying new ? – A mate of mine has a TR275 for sale.

falkirk-mark

Can get a new 2014 for £1500 so yes it would be new, re the avid brakes they would be pulled off immediately and flogged on the bay (would probably live with the forks till I got grief)
    Big dummy that is the exact one that can be had for £1500.

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

Its the ‘Pro’ version that I have. (and a Pro that’s for sale)

wilko1999
    Free Member

Spotted these on Ubyk for 1491, looks like a damn good deal to me. At that price you could easily junk the brakes, fit some XTs (or your brake of choice) and still feel like you were getting a bit of a bargain. Go for it! I seriously fancy one but just don’t have enough disposable cash at the moment.

falkirk-mark

spotted these on Ubyk for 1491, looks like a damn good deal to me. At that price you could easily junk the brakes, fit some XTs (or your brake of choice) and still feel like you were getting a bit of a bargain. Go for it! I seriously fancy one but just don’t have enough disposable cash at the moment.

Hit the button now its bought from these guys.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yes! Getting a new bike’s great. Good work bud, I reckon you’ll be very happy with it. Having thought about my comment above, you could even fit the bargain Deore brakes, have a significant improvement over the Avids and be quids right in. Let us know what you think of it.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Reckon you’ll be happy with it..enjoy.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Thread resurrection ahoy! falkirk-mark if you read this how has your Mega TR been? They have frame only on CRC for £520 and I’m very close to going 650B….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone any experience of a Nukeproof Mega tr 275’ is closed to new replies.