Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Anyone an expert on contents insurance?
  • ste_t
    Free Member

Moved into a flat last weekend, so I’ve been looking at sorting contents insurance which covers my bike with the idea of it being kept in the spare room. The flat itself is in a grade 2 listed building which was converted into flats in 2005. Even using the ‘price comparison sites,’ the cheapest quote I’ve had is for £560 as the majority either won’t cover my bike (circa £2k,)or won’t insure at the property with it being a listed building.

Do scumbags prefer to break into nice old buildings more than they do new ones thus making me uninsurable?

Surely being on the second floor means that the lazy scrotes would be much more likely to break into the flats lower down?

Anyone else encountered a similar problem and able to advise?!

Garry_Lager

Not an expert, but that sounds like a lot. Is listing a really big variable for insurance? Going through renewal at the moment and lowest quote was for £350 – buildings and contents AND the bike away from the home. Of course my circumstances might be different [it is a 2 bed flat though, 1st floor in Edinburgh].
    Only trouble is the real low prices were from companies I’ve never heard of, and in the event of a claim that’s not all that confidence-inspiring. Sort of tough to beat M&S for the contents as you know they’ll sort you for a stolen bike.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Anyone an expert on contents insurance?’ is closed to new replies.