Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone an expert on beers from the Cairngorm Brewery?
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I'm hoping to order a keg of something next week and they've sent me some taste notes but I was wondering if anyone here had any first-hand experience?

I don't want anything too heavy so maybe the Sheepsh***ers Gold or Cairngorm Gold?

tartanscarf

I'm not an expert but the bloke from the brewery has just been round picking up a bar that our guests left from the weekend. I'd recommend Tradewinds, it's not too heavy. Give them a buzz though – I'm sure they can help.

kennyp
    Free Member

No expert, but any beers I've ever had from them have been lovely.

notlocal
    Free Member

Tradewinds is a nice golden ale. A good intro to real ale, it appeals to lager drinkers too as it isn't heavy. Quite a summery brew with hints of elderflower. Sheepshagger is a darker brew, but still lighter in body than a full on real ale. They deliver mixed cases if you fancy a tasting session.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I´ve only had them in draft and Tradewinds is by far my favourite. Nice and light but not too light, a great supping beer.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Tradewinds it is then!

whyter

Sheepshagger and Cairngorm Gold are the same beer. They just relabel the sheepshagger for tourists and Aberdeen fans! The chap who runs the shop/tour said they'd doubled their sales of sheepshagger after they changed the label colour from green to red too 😉

I normally prefer Wildcat over Tradewinds. I think they have a new wheat beer coming out soon too?

aviemoron
    Free Member

They all give me a hangover!

Pook

Cairngorm Gold is beautiful.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone an expert on beers from the Cairngorm Brewery?’ is closed to new replies.