Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone already using or intending to get a Nexus 1?
  • hoodoo
    Free Member

Been contemplating getting an N1 for a few weeks now. Good to see they have released a software update that enables pinch zoom, which was one of the features I would like to have after I played around with a friends iPhone.

So, any happy experiences of the N1?

tron
    Free Member

Pinch zoom on what? Android already has pinch zoom for the browser & when viewing photos, documents etc.

Wozza
    Free Member

I looked at it and was interested but I think i'm going to take it up the arse from Apple and Vodafone and get the new iPhone rumoured to be out in June.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sputnik
    Free Member

@Wozza : A new iPhone out in June? So a upgrade of the already new 3Gs ?
    Any idea what will be the changes?

vrapan
    Free Member

3GS is 8 months old so new gen ones are quite reasonably expected in June (a year after the 3GS). Let alone that the 3GS really was a very minor update to the 3G so the iPhone hasn't changed in 18 months now.

Wozza
    Free Member

I said to the Vodafone lady that I would be interested in a 3gs but didn't fancy a 2 year contract and potentially having an out of date phone at the end of it.

She said, hang on til June there's a new one out that'll be on all the same price plans, "it's what everyone in the office is doing".

So i'll be waiting till June.

Oh and sorry about the thread hijack.

sharkbait
    Free Member

The 4G (as it will be called) is allegedly very cool according to a mate who's seen pics/specs already (he's an IT director with a very hefty budget and already has rolled out quite a lot of 3gs).
    If I remember rightly he said it's thinner with more screen, much faster processor, multitasking, new OS, etc.

Stoner
    Free Member

i was considering it (wont go for iPhone) but after seeing head to head reviews with the HD2 have decided on the latter. Putting the order in a in a few days.

I like google software and run my life through google apps servers but the android phone just needs to get a bit better first.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im waiting for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to come out in march.
    Running Android 1.6 (or possibly 2.1 depending on release), decent processor, 8Mp camera, 4' touchscreen, 8Gb of storage. Has the potential to be VERY good, assuming SE dont make an arse of the software and implimentation. Plus it isn't an iSheep.

Wozza
    Free Member

Plus it isn't an iSheep

There's a huge amount of self loathing going into my purchase, but with my sensible head on I think it's the best choice.

It's like buying a Specialized or a Marin.

kimbers

surely one of the iphones weakness is set memory
    if the others are microsd i hear there is a new 64gb micro sd out no doubt soon to get bigger too

Pembo
    Free Member

If you want a low res washed out screen get an iPhone otherwise get a Nexus. Or if you want a decent screen on an iPhone wait until July.

CountZero

Plus it isn't an iSheep

Snob.
    I buy whatever does the job best. I couldn't give a flying **** what someone else has chosen to get, and neither do most of the other millions of owners. The only people who do obviously have issues with their own self-image, and the way they think they are perceived by others. Says loads about their personality problems, and nothing at all about my using Apple products. I arrived at my decision after years of using Apple computers in a professional environment long before most of the public even knew what a Mac was. I suppose you'd say the same about those who choose to buy a popular mountain bike just because loads of riders like the bike, encouraging more to buy said bike, which they love, thus encouraging idiots like you to call them “sheep".
    Regarding the 4G iPhone, it's guaranteed it'll be out in June, as was the 3Gs, the 3G, and the 2G. Apple work on a twelve-month update/release cycle for hardware. It'll almost certainly be a 64Gb capacity, probably with a 5Mp camera, possibly with the A4 processor used in the iPad. Probably double the RAM as well. It's quite probable that iOS4 will be released before then, as an upgrade for older phones and Touches, so that'll probably be on the 4G as well.
    As my contract ends at the end of May, I'm looking forward to the increased capacity; my 16Gb 3G only has 665Mb left…

Pembo
    Free Member

I couldn't give a flying **** what someone else has chosen to get

I think you just proved you do 😉

crikey
    Free Member

I think that's the second 'why don't you people understand how Apple can improve your sad little lives' post I've read from the Count recently…

Flaperon

I'd avoid buying the Nexus One simply on the grounds that HTC can't be trusted. Loads of people (me included) bought the Hero on the basis that Android 2.1 would be released as an update. Here we are six months later and HTC has gone very quiet indeed.

Kato

Loads of people (me included) bought the Hero on the basis that Android 2.1 would be released as an update. Here we are six months later and HTC has gone very quiet indeed.

+1

Kahurangi

I prefer the Nexus 6

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone already using or intending to get a Nexus 1?’ is closed to new replies.