Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone able to reccomend a hotel/resort in Malta
  • MartynS

Somewhere lively with stuff to do!!

Ta in advance

molgrips
    Free Member

My sister bitterly laments how crap Malta was for her holiday. It’s a bit like her own version of the Monty Python Watney’s bleedin’ Red Barrel sketch.

anokdale
    Free Member

Currently sat in the Phoenicia in Valleta however from experience you need to get into the St Juliens as that area is more of the party scene. I have been here with work a few times and St Juliens was quiet last night but i like the Intercontinental down there, nice gym. Some deals to be had here at the moment as it is quiet so i am told.

I am waiting with a press crew to get back into Misurata in Libya to do some follow up work from last week when we were there so believe me i am making the most of it

kimbers

I’d aim for gozo myself

lively in Malta equates to delinquent children kicking off in the games room
    lobster red manu fans getting trashed watching sky sports and johnnys floating in the pool in the morning

konabunny
    Free Member

But there must be a downside too.

MartynS

ohhh I’m guessing Malta’s not that well thought of then..
    Wanted lively as in plenty to see and do and a nicely busy resort. I’m guessing the Malta Lively is chavs getting drunk and chanting football songs

Might have a re-think..

Flaperon

Gozo looks nice from the air, but I would never to go Malta. It’s a dusty rock with nothing interesting to do and full of elderly people. If you could turn a pebble into a care home, this is it.

Try Corsica instead.

frogger
    Free Member

We stayed in the Radisson Blu SAS resort in Golden Sands last year for 10 days and it was good. It’s a nice hotel with great apartments, specially the self catering ones but unfortunately the hotel often runs promotions where they try and sell time share so there were about 50+ English couples/groups on a cheap getaway being shown around and sold to. If you don’t mind being sold you and go on one of their promotions you can get a really cheap holiday but it just wasn’t our thing. There isn’t much going at the hotel itself in the evenings but there were a few beach parties that just sprung up near there and it was a short taxi ride pretty much anywhere.

We have family in Valletta and travelled to Gozo. Next time I go I will definitely stay in Gozo. Good diving all around the islands if you go right time of the year. Depends what you are into, you can hire a boat and take yourself pretty much anywhere and there are some stunning places where you can anchor and just hang out for the day, snorkeling and eating on the boat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone able to reccomend a hotel/resort in Malta’ is closed to new replies.