Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone 6'5"ish got a Cube AMS 120 29er or similar model?
  • nemesis
    Free Member

As it says, considering a (2014) Cube AMS 120 29er but not sure if it’s maybe a little short – I’m 6’5″ and currently ride (21″) bikes with 640mm top tubes (give or take a couple of mm) with 90mm stems which I reckon is pretty spot on.

The Cube in either 21″ or 23″ sizes only have 616 and 621mm top tubes which seems surprisingly short especially with a relatively steep (73.5 deg) seat angle though I note the BB isn’t in line with the seat tube so I’m wondering if their quoted angle is the actual seat tube angle rather than the effective one.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-AMS-120-HPA-Race-29-Mountain-Bike-2014-Full-Suspension-MTB_66729.htm

afkt
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2012 26″ wheel version with 22″ seat tube and an even shorter tt at 6’5 and it fits fine, not exactly an xc position but that’s not what I use it for (I’ve got the 150 version), having said that I’m all leg so don’t tend to be affected by short tt as much as most!

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m kind of the other way around – 35″ inside leg (81/82cm saddle height from BB axle with 175mm cranks) – I’m kind of concerned that a 23″ sounds huge even for me and there’ll be no standover.

granny_ring

Did you see my PSA on the frame deal?
    Might be of use to you might not!

carlphillips
    Free Member

sponging machine on here is that size i think and has that bike..drop him a pm/mail

nemesis
    Free Member

I did, thanks granny_ring 😉

Thanks carl.

nemesis
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd

nemesis
    Free Member

Final bump (promise 😉 )

granny_ring

Just buy the frame and be done with it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone 6'5"ish got a Cube AMS 120 29er or similar model?’ is closed to new replies.