Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone used Ribble online?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just ordered a new pair of gloves with a “next day delivery” charge added.

Reliable service at Ribble, would you say?

matt_outandabout

Yes, Ribble were good. Remember it is build up to Christmas / getting busier..
    (The gloves are a less good choice though)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why? 99% of the online customer reviews that I can find give them 4.5 to 5 stars…

justatheory
    Free Member

I’ve never had anything less than good service from Ribble.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why? 99% of the online customer reviews that I can find give them 4.5 to 5 stars…

Bump.

Genuinely interested in a reply.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

matt outandabout?

Dobbo

Some bloke on bike radar went into melt down over having to wait for a bike (road) for longer than he expected, everyone else seemed full of praise for them. Seem good when I’ve used them.

hammerite
    Free Member

Been fine when I’ve had stuff off them. Maybe not as quick as some places, but not excessive waiting times.

I ordered a bike, but right from the start they gave me an 8 week lead time (I was in no rush). Was ready in 6 weeks.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That thread doesn’t mention the gloves that I’ve ordered. They’re the “Deluge” type, not the “Strike” type…

matt_outandabout

I found that inner separated from outer when you take them off, insulation is not sewn in so migrated leaving cold spots; not waterproof, silly design such as velcro cuff adjustment cannot be used with a gloved hand 🙄 and then they fell to bits at the seams after about 10 uses. pish.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Odd.

Seems everyone else I could find online has the exact opposite view. Are we talking about the same glove? The “Deluge”, right?

cp

My deluge gloves have been brilliant. Most waterproof gloves have an inner and outer joined only at the cuff – prevents stitching holes letting water in at the finger tips. It’s easy to take them off without the inner coming out too – just pinch the finger ends with your other hand.

woody2000

Oops, my bad, sorry.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I mean – check out this lot…

http://reviews.wiggle.co.uk/7867-en_gb/5360041028/deluge-waterproof-winter-cycling-gloves-reviews/reviews.htm

Although it’s interesting that one reviewer agrees with matt – perhaps there was a rogue batch that didn’t pass quality control?

Drac

Took them nearly a week to send my tubes out and then they were the wrong ones. So off my list of online suppliers.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Hope they last longer than my (2 pairs of) Endura gloves. No opportunity to test their warranty/customer service as they were work issue, but both my fingerless mitts and winter long fingers fell apart at the seams in no time at all. So much for a quality brand.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hmm. Well, I guess I’m going to find out, eh? 🙁

matt_outandabout

Mine were Strikes, but having looked at Deluge in the shop they seem to share a lot of parts / design.

plop_pants
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Deluge for a few weeks now and they aren’t really
    a winter glove or any use in the wet. Numb finger tips today even though it was 7 degrees and dry. They also seem to absorb alot of water in the glove’s outers so that you still get cold hands even if your hands are actually dry in the liners. A pity really as they are comfortable gloves and appear well padded enough to keep hands warm but don’t.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

This is weird how the same glove seems to draw exactly opposite opinions from different users.

davidjones15
    Free Member

This is weird how the same glove seems to draw exactly opposite opinions from different users.

Have seen what happens here? You must be new.
    Ribble are top on the service stakes, good pre sales help and delivery.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I mean, they’re either waterproof and warm, or they’re not. It’s not like we’re discussing wether or not you like the taste of apples…

Yeah, I’m so new here. 8)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

youv’e bought ’em so our opinions are redundant, if you don’t like ’em send ’em back. As I said I got both mine free so no purchase justification or buyers remorse, just disappointed that a supposed quality brand would fall apart so quickly.

Yours might last years and suit you. Never had cause to use ribble c/s but everything I have had from them has been the cheapest around and quickly delivered.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Always had good service from ribble however I phoned them up in the week about an out of stock item and the answer I got was “dunno”. We are talking about a shipment of frames here and they (he) had no idea, not even a rough idea of when they were hitting the shore of blighty. Pretty bad show for a company that specializes in its own brand frames.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

just disappointed that a supposed quality brand would fall apart so quickly.

Yours might last years and suit you

… and therein, lies the conundrum …

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I mean, they’re either waterproof and warm, or they’re not. It’s not like we’re discussing wether or not you like the taste of apples…

My t-shirt is warm enough for me to sit around the house in. Apparently my missus needs thermals, jumper and fleece to do the same thing, so ‘warm’ is a different thing to different people. Though, my analogy falls over somewhat on waterproof 🙁

I’ve used them lots for smaller scale stuff (mechs, chainsets, shorts etc.) and they’ve been no problems sending or refunding. Mates just ordered a bike which seems to have a massive lead-in time but assuming thats a reliance on a boat shipping frames in to them directly from Taiwan etc.

onehundredthidiot

Mine are two years old and still waterproof, plenty warm too. Mind you My hands don’t seem to get as cold as others.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used Ribble online?’ is closed to new replies.