Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anybody with a "Lezyne Steel Floor" pump that could check something for me?
  • couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Possibly a daft Q – but I got a new pump last week – and may need to send it back but the plunger doesnt seem to go all the way into the barrel.

Spoke to Merlin and got the impression they’ve never had one back under warranty so to avoid wasting their time (and my postage) I thought I’d check.

On mine the wooden handle sits about 1.5″ above the barrel and I cant get the hose around the handle and into the holder. Also its only “OK” at inflating tyres. Not terrible – just ok.

What it looks like on the site:

docrobster
    Free Member

Yep the handle on mine sits about 4cm above the barrel too. (just checked in the shed)
    And it works fine 😀

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Thanks docrobster: superfast response!

Saves me some postage!

Can you get the hose to fit in the holder? Maybe it stretches with use.

docrobster
    Free Member

Yeah you just have to pull it down a bit- only with the plastic 90degree bend on though I think. Might need a wiggle to hook it under.
    I’m quite impressed with mine- can get tyres up tubeless with it no problem

smiff
    Free Member

love these pumps, more than i ever thought i would love a track pump. got it for £27 in CycleSurgery sale. Had a blackburn AT4 before, total sh*t. tried to repair it, still shit, leaked and gauge all wrong.
    but this beauty is so nice to use with its stretchy tube and wooden handles 😀

edit: this one
    http://www.cyclesurgery.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=CLEZ0074KK
    bit different/more expensive sorry, anyway can totally recommend even at £40.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Cheers smiff.

But when it arrives – does it look like the photo – or is the wooden arm bloody miles away from the barrel? And can you get the hose wrapped around the arm when not in use? That was my Q?

In other words – is mine a duffer or are they all like that?

smiff
    Free Member

the hose holds the handle down so you can pick it up. it’s exact length to just fit into the clip stretched a little – hose is rubbery – if you can’t clip hose in sommat’s wrong.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

if you can’t clip hose in sommat’s wrong

Thanks smiff! Sounds like some sort of problem with mine then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anybody with a "Lezyne Steel Floor" pump that could check something for me?’ is closed to new replies.