Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anybody want a singlespeed?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I just can’t seem to muster the enthusiasm to go out on mine. Since switching to a titanium 456 from a steel one, I’m having so much fun on that that I hardly use the SS. I keep saying I should use it, especially just now but when I go to the shed it’s just not happening. I’d probably sell it but I have to ride it occasionally when we all go out on a family ride and I’m too tight to sell it for what I’d likely get for a 26″ Wheeler.

fasthaggis

Wash,polish and fettle it.
    Easier to jump on it when it’s ready to go.
    Then all you have to do is wait till August when the trails have dried out.

sandwicheater

My SS is for family rides. So it gets used twice a year, always handy to have a spare.

nixie

I’m in a similar boat. Since getting my rocket the simple hasn’t been out, even in the winter mud. I’m torn between selling it or re-building with lower value parts (and a wheel share basis with rocket).

Andy-R

I’m exactly the opposite – I can’t motivate myself to go out on anything with gears. I’ve got a very nice Genesis Alpitude with Marzocchi 55’s that I haven’t been on in ages, preferring to ride my Hummingbird .
    Funny how singlespeeds polarise riding choices……

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I had a nice Curtis – Middleburn, Hope wheels etc etc.

Was a serious pain in the arse to ride despite it being a lovely built bike. Sold it for a pitiful sum and bought a cross bike which after 1 ride, is also a pain in the arse to ride but at least its got gears.

I don’t understand why you’d make life harder for yourself with a singlespeed. You’re only here once so why not enjoy it on something with a load of travel and gears.

nwgiles

Yes please..

where are you i’ll ride it and wash it and put it back when I have finished

joshvegas
    Free Member

Fit it with mudhuggers and mud tyres then have it as your slop bike.

I enjoy my sionglespeeds as much as my geared bikes.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It has a mud tyre on the front and it’s a lovely light bike, flies up hill. But since getting the titanium job that Bike is closer in weight than the other one was, add to that I’ve put flats and a dropper on the 456 and the SS feels too different. I should take it out tomorrow morning.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anybody want a singlespeed?’ is closed to new replies.