Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anybody using Virgin broadband anygood ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

Looking for a stable fast broadband provider and the Virgin up to 20mb seems ok. Anybody any experience or any others I should be looking at.

Thanks

iDave
    Free Member

i have it, no issues or problems, consistently fast

shredder
    Free Member

Which package and what speeds are you getting ?

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

i have the 10mb, and have had it for years, no problem what so ever, never had any issues and we use it a lot every day.

however if you have to contact customer service for whatever reason i have heard they are not so good!

but the service itself is excellent in my opinion

bigyim
    Free Member

yeah been using them for years with no problems. might be worth haggling for a good deal

SaxonRider

Just got it after posing the same question on this forum, and am extremely pleased. Way faster than my old BT broadband, and they had it installed within a day or three of my calling.

Recommended.

BigJohn

Good. Also good cust servivce.

tthew

Isn't the speed issue still down to BT or are you talking about the cable service? We have old fashioned through the phone line service, speed is a bit variable, but customer service is great. Phone line price is reasonable, they don't keep you hanging on, (and paying) for ages, and solve problems pretty much first time.

SaxonRider

Isn't the speed issue still down to BT or are you talking about the cable service?

Virgin didn't even look at the BT line. They just brought a new line in for free.

And no, I don't have a TV.

Jamie
    Free Member

Had the 20mb here for a couple of years. It just works.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

10mb here and batter it on a daily basis. Drops to around 2.5mb during peak times if you go mad with bit torrent itunes ect…

Other than that not a problem.

As above it just works.

carlphillips
    Free Member

had it for 4 years, consistantly crap and cust service in line with this.
    both father and sister get troubles consistantly, ive now swapped to sky and its all peachy now, funnily i was paying for the fastest virgin service and my free (allegedly slow) sky service is faster..?

clubber
    Free Member

As the previous post shows, it is dependent on where you live due to how virgin has grown from smaller companies. I was a Telewest customer originally and I'm in Bristol and the service is great.

colande
    Free Member

yeah used them for years
    i like the fact it's cable so that you don't need to have a phone line,
    never had any issues with them

fubar
    Free Member

when a friend had problem with her virgin broadband, customer 'service' hung-up or disconnected her calls on several occasions…it took many hours being on-hold to get it sorted

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used to be with them. When it works, it's great. When it doesn't work, you're doomed. Don't bother with customer services, just find a new supplier.

Gravy
    Free Member

I have never been any where else, started with dialup then onto b/band. When they lowered thier cost of phone calls and increased mb for us and then left it at same price kind of sealed it for us, we won't be moving. 😀

captain_bastard
    Free Member

must confess, i work for virgin media, so perhaps biased?

VM cable broadband is without doubt the fastest around by a long way, i've checked the speeds all over the country and you normally get 75 – 95% of the headline speed, i have 20Mb and get 15-20mb download speed (BT's up to 20mb is lucky to get 6-8). No need to go fasted than 20mb unless you live in a shared household – the 50Mb really does run at 50Mb (actually the servers deliver 53Mb to be sure) but nothing on the net at the moment needs this.

can't comment on the customer service tho, mine hasn't gone wrong, and if it does i know who to call

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

My experience of their customer service dept has been ok.
    They were helpful over email when I had line speed probs, and a guy I phoned when some dullard mucked up the initial connection was really helpful too.

Leku
    Free Member

I have the 50Mb and it usually runs between 35 and 40 Mb.

Which is nice.

vrapan
    Free Member

When it works it is brilliant. When it does not it can take them a little while to sort it out but they always do. Having said that I am with them for over 6 years, paying 16£ for 10Mb no phone line which suits me just fine as I run VOIP over that 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Blueyonder/Telewest/Virgin Cable? Great system. Consistently fast. Customer Services (when I've needed them) have been top notch. If cable is available, there's really no point in thinking of anything else.

djc1245
    Free Member

I've got the XL phone, broadband and TV package. Broadband works great and have no real troubles, phonecalls are free(except the usual 08 ones). TV works fine, just the programmes are crap.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anybody using Virgin broadband anygood ?’ is closed to new replies.