Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Anybody used The Bike School at Cannock Chase?
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

so small yet its still europes biggest Urban Park! 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

We need to get ontop of clearing a few trails like we spoke about last summer. There are potentially a good few routes down to blackroot.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’d be down for some of that.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I will speak fyou about it on Tuesday and show you the area.

andy7t2
    Free Member

We need to get ontop of clearing a few trails like we spoke about last summer. There are potentially a good few routes down to blackroot.

let me know if you need a hand i only live a few miles away and ride there most Thursday evenings, be good to get a few more cheeky trails

jedi

just read this, kind words ringo and i know the riding is going well rigid 29er jump boy! 🙂

paulo6624
    Free Member

Just been looking at the website if anyone fancies doing and 1-2-3 or 1-2-4 course at 10£ and 15£ per hour respectively I’d be game I’m happy to pick people up along the way

I_Ache
    Free Member

andy7t2 I’m usually in the park on a Thursday night what f you ride, and do you ride fast or at a medium fat boy pace?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Andy, You haven’t seen me ride, I suspect that your medium fat boy pace may well be faster than I ride 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

I was thinking the same thing but the other way round. We shal see on Tuesday. I have some cracking excuses at the moment for ‘not being as fast as usual’ just in case you are shed loads faster than me. 😆

passtherizla
    Free Member

I have none 😉

I do the monkey in about 29 minutes on a good day. Can do the monkey and dog in about an hour if that’s any sort of guide for you.

andy7t2
    Free Member

more like slow fat boy pace,

are you out tom night i’ll look out for you, i’ll be on a pink on one

I_Ache
    Free Member

I don’t think you will need any in that case. If i did them both in an hour I would be checking if my watch had stopped. If it hadn’t I would be looking for the worm hole I fell through. I didn’t even think it was possible to go round that fast. 😯

Tom-B
    Free Member

Cracking advert for the bikeschool this thread is!!!

passtherizla
    Free Member

It’s a more usual time of about 40 minutes and 1 hour 20-30 and that’s if I’m on my own… Always seems to take forever with a group… Or maybe my computer is wrong I don’t wear a watch.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve seen the pink on one dude around the park before! super loud free wheeler!

andy7t2
    Free Member

hope hoops so could be me

passtherizla
    Free Member

Yeah it’s definitley you bloke… I usually ride a white commencal meta or a green 456ss, I ride with a group of lads usually, a kona a canyon and a spesh camber..? ring any bells..? not out on Thursdays its skateclub up digbeth…

With regard t teh dog times, I remember 4 sections were closed when I did the 29 minutes so some fire road diversions. thats probably why I’ve never done it that quick since.

andy7t2
    Free Member

think i’ve seen you up at the ice cream van last summer, if it was spoke to you about building trails and rangers nicking shovels.

Ringo
    Free Member

Tom B – Member
    Cracking advert for the bikeschool this thread is!!!

And your point is!!! never used the bikeschool they may well be amazing, i have however been to see Jedi and can say he is well worth the money, all in my opinion of course. Having ridden with you Tom, and knowing your ability to fall of at the slightest bump you would benefit from either course 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

andy7t2 I will be out tomorrow night probably get into the park about 8ish I will be on a blue BFe and possibly be with my rather slow brother on his shonkey red 456.

Will you be on your own or in a group? Do you want to meet up and do a little bit together?

passtherizla I think your lieing about riding at a fat boy medium pace. Getting round FtD and the Monkey in an hour is averaging 15mph, I only averaged about 16mph when I had my road bike.

passtherizla
    Free Member

seeing people piss past me on rigid single speeders has led me to believe I ride slow… I sometimes ride with my Pal simon and his brother, they ride single speed rigids and are always waiting for me! Maybe this has increased my pace a bit… I have been led to believe that I am off the pace generally by these guys. I used to average about 20 on my Roadie.. it’s gone now though I got scared when my boy was born about leaving him fatherless.

wasn’t she beautiful!

IMG_0550 by passtherizla, on Flickr

andy7t2
    Free Member

prob on my own tom night but yeah be good to meet up just let me know where you meet and i’ll come find you

I_Ache
    Free Member

How about the boathouse at about 8:30? I will show you where I’m thinking for some good cheeky trails.

andy7t2
    Free Member

see you up there

adhalling
    Free Member

Guys save yourself the fuel!

Im sure jedi is a good coach but we are local skill coaches based on Cannock Chase, Specializing in technical skills coaching just ask our team riders who have been on our 12 weeks race training program (Aaron has just won his first DH event)

We use our quiet skills area, parts of the Monkey and FTD trail and Stile cop bike park for the more technical skills.

Me Adam Halling im a British cycling go ride leader, MIAS Level 2 Coach, first aid trained, CYQ Level 3 personal trainer and racer the British Downhill Series in the EXPERT category.

So if there’s anything to do with improving your riding or fitness and i dont know it, its not worth knowing!

Im sure some of our past trainees will be along to give there opinions.

Anymore info or prices for group booking please contact me on http://www.thebikeschool.net/contact.html

Regards Adam

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used The Bike School at Cannock Chase?’ is closed to new replies.