Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anybody used Sierra MTB ?
  • oldfart

Any experience ? Usually use Cycleactive but the dates don’t fit this time . Ciclo Montano seem a bit too extreme ?

Anna-B
    Free Member

Have you done a forum search? There was a reasonable amount here on Sierra I believe. No personal experience xx

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

i’ve used them, rather good, Alex was a little dopey last year, but i should imagine by now they will have sorted that out. Have a load of routes to take you on of varying technicality from full on DH stuff to more sedate enduro routes, their telegraph route is highly recommended.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve never had the impression that CM are ‘extreme. I’ll let ye know in about 6 weeks!. 😀

oldfart

Thanks Miss B xx ( missing you BTW ) 😳

Anna-B
    Free Member

Awwwww, OF. Me too. All I do is work and study…bit less manic after June and law exam. Really really want to go for a pedal xxx

oldfart

Well if you do get some spare time let me know xx

oldfart

butler james how do you mean dopey ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Has anyone got a link to THAT thread?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Ciclo Montano seem a bit too extreme ?

Really? I hope not, I’m booked with them in May and I’m no hero. I’m expecting a little fear but mostly fun 🙂

bamboo
    Free Member
    singlespeedstu

Nowt extreme about Ciclo but a great relaxed holiday with some fun trails and good hospitality.
    Oh and Marco reconed we were the best group he’d had that week. 😆
    Mrsstu had a day riding with sierra cycling when she’d not been riding for very long and was on a family holiday.
    Here verdict was that it’d be fantastic for a none cyclist that was a little bored of the beach.

mtbtom
    Free Member

I went with Sierra MTB this time last year and have been with Ciclo Montana twice before that. Had a really good time with both companies.

I think it’s fair to say that the rides were ‘bigger days out’ with Ciclo. The climbs are longer and the terrain around Orgiva is steeper than the coastal mountains, which made the descents tougher. The flip side was that the trails with Sierra were a bit more flow-y, which made a great week’s riding too.

The other big difference is the evening meal arrangement. Evening meals are included at Ciclo, but not at Sierra. That probably makes a bigger difference if you’re going on your own.

I wouldn’t rule out Ciclo as being ‘too extreme’. Marco is probably the most patient guide on planet. Both times I’ve been I was at the back on descents and close to the back on the climbs. It’s a holiday and in my experience people don’t mind having a chat for a few minutes at the bottom of a 800 vertical metre descent!

Tom

showerman
    Free Member

have been many times. it is a very relaxed company happy to work around the level of riding you want.
    there is some climbing if you want to but van uplift to the highest point is good for me.
    alan owns the company alex is his son. good breakfast to start your day, beach is right on the doorstep and all rides end by the icecream shop.
    the old thread that will pop up i found was just a witch hunt at the time typical stw. have been around 7 times and yes as with any holiday issues have popped up but alan has always steped up and helped sort it out
    off again in april cannot wait

Sancho
    Free Member

I thought they were great

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Been out with Sierra cycling a few times always had a great time. Telegraph hill :mrgreen: and bob astro 😯

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Her verdict was that it’d be fantastic for a non-cyclist that was a little bored of the beach

?

[video]http://youtu.be/Ae2rYiA-wZA[/video] 🙂

Sierra MTB

nairnster
    Free Member

I went years ago with a mate taking our own bikes. Was glad we did, the website said they had a well maintained fleet of giant full suspension bikes. Strangely enough, my mates bike had suffered a bent chainring on the flight, and the only bike they could lend him until the bike shop opened was a knackered old specialized hardtail.

I didnt think Alan was particularly interested in the biking side, but that didnt bother me as our guide Tom, was great.

For the price, i thought it was ok, probably doesnt compare to larger companies but i dont have any personal experience of the,
    m.

The trails were fun, although not exactly technical or difgicult. One route did involve a long climb around the edge of a huge landfill site, which in a warm climate was not pleasant.

The free bar, is beer from the fridge, the extensive range of films, were pirated dvds (probably bought from the looky looky men in Fuengirola).

I did enjoy my time there, but probably wouldnt book with themagain, as it certainly didnt seem too professional.

AndrewL

Have had 2 really good trips with ride sierra Nevada – in hills above Granada. Real range of riding, up to the mountains and ski resort at the top, with really technical steep rocky stuff, downhill tracks and jumps in the woods, smoother singletrack and great views.

Ride Sierra Nevada

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Are SierraMTB the same as Sierra Cycling?

Gilesey
    Free Member

Really enjoyed my day out with Hike + Bike, more detail on this thread

mtbtom
    Free Member

@muddydwarf – yup, that’s the one. Think the name or logo changed in the last 12 months.

You’re not the same muddydwarf that was on a Ciclo Montana trip back in October 2012, by any chance? If so, hi! I was the one with an intact rear wheel. 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Hiya, yes that was me, riding the orange tank!

mtbtom
    Free Member

In that case, I retract my previous statement.

I was at the back on _both_ the climbs and descents. 😉

Tom

jota180
    Free Member

I’ve been a couple of times with Sierra and really enjoyed it, some great trail riding

singlespeedstu

alan-sierracycling – Member
    Her verdict was that it’d be fantastic for a non-cyclist that was a little bored of the beach
    ?

For that video seems she was right.

mick_r

Have done Ciclo many times – first trip when they were based down on the coast. My personal opinion is the area is nicer up in the hills and away from the coast (quieter, no “plastico” greenhouses etc). Not been with Sierra so not sure of exact location. Trails were good everywhere – always on hardtails and never struggled.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Ciclo always get the Swedish ladies netball team out there, which is also a bonus, but they always book the week before I go !! and its just amazing how they do it for the money 😉

splashdown
    Free Member

+1 for Ciclo Montana.

Was out there two weeks ago.
    Great riding and fantastic set up – will definitely be going back again 🙂
    Marco tailors the riding to your groups ability…if you all ride extreme then you’ll get extreme! However, if you want something more laid back then there’s plenty of brilliant trails to do 🙂

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used Sierra MTB ?’ is closed to new replies.