Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anybody used a "Widgit" (1×10 chain device options)
  • haribojangles
    Free Member

Has anybody got or used a Widgit chain device from:
    http://www.widgit.com.au/

I have been thinking of dropping to a single ring and although i am keen to get an E13 chain device thought i would explore other options first. The price works out at about £90+p&p which seems a tad expensive especially seeing as replacement chain rings will be £72 each!

unovolo
    Free Member

Seems like a OK idea but bloody expensive for what it is,and looking at it your only pretty much going to be dropping the weight of a shifter and derailleur as its a stainless steel chainring and 2xAlloy plates guides.

I’d have thought that theWidget would be similar in weight to a 2/3 ring set-up,especially if the rings being replaced are all alu.

Personally I’d just try riding with a single ring and see how you get on,you may find that whatever combo your using at the moment works fine with very little or none chain derailment.

svalgis
    Free Member

Do you think you’ll need a smaller chainring than 32t? If no, the Widgit is pointless and expensive. If yes, well it’s still expensive…

AlexSimon

Yes, as scalgis says – the Widgit fills a gap in the market for someone who wants a less than 32t ring. I was interested in a 28t personally.

Otherwise, don’t bother.

Even then, it is expensive and I’m not 100% sure of the build quality.

I have a feeling that there are other options around now (the newer fsa/sram design can take smaller rings than 32t for example).

njee20
    Free Member

Personally, I’d say if you want smaller than a 32t ring then single ring isn’t for you, and the Widgit seems to solve a problem that doesn’t exist.

gasyz
    Free Member

Can,t find any sort of chain device to fit my 2011 giant reign due to press fit bearings and no tabs.Tried a superstar seat post mount type but it was crap,so put the front mech back on just to stop chain derailing.Looks like Widget would solve that problem.but it does look a bit expensive though.

haribojangles
    Free Member

I was looking to run a 32. I did think it was a bit expensive. I have a cube stereo so no iscg mounts so would need a bottom bracket mount. I currently have an Xtr shadow plus on the rear and a bionicon v2 chain guide zip tied to the chain stay. I think e13 do a bottom bracket mounted top guide or a front mech style clamp.

milko9000
    Free Member

There’s quite a few BB mount top guides out there. Also you could consider one of these… http://www.raidiumchainguide.co.uk/

akak
    Free Member

I tried a radium guide “bashwich” setup. There was a clearance issue with the chainstay and after the first time it packed full of mud I gave up on it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used a "Widgit" (1×10 chain device options)’ is closed to new replies.