Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anybody used a blackspire snaggletooth with an XTR M985 chainset?
  • thered

Did it work well? Decent life out of it or are they made of cheese?

thered

Anyone?

adsh
    Free Member

Likely to be slim pickens for answers. Not many M985s and not many of those 1×10 I suspect.

Do M985 cranks work with 1x – mine does. Can’t tell you about Blackspire as my ring is a Wolftooth 30T which is great. Interested to see Blackspire do a 28T.

njee20
    Free Member

If it comes in the requisite 88mm BCD sure it’ll be fine.

I ran a custom ti chainring on my M985s for 3 years, was great. Chain line was slightly further out than with a triple, but not enough To ever cause a problem.

jam-bo

Not on that crank but been running a 30t snaggletooth for 6 months now. Only feedback really is that I haven’t noticed it which is good really.

rickon
    Free Member

Yes, I am.

Works really well. I’m on my second snaggletooth, the chain retention is the best of all the N/W rings I’ve used.

Its does look a bit pants on the cranks without the little covers on, but I really don’t give a monkeys what my cranks look like.

thered

Went for it in the 32 flavour and rode it for the first time on Thursday. 1st time 1x and I’m impressed. No drops, no chain line issues, looks a little rubbish as already said without the caps but didn’t miss my dinner plate ring with having a 40t TRex out back.

Cheers all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used a blackspire snaggletooth with an XTR M985 chainset?’ is closed to new replies.