• This topic has 249 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kinixecig-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 250 total)
  • Anybody use them electronic ciggies?
  • Bimbler
    Free Member

Got my first “Mod” for Xmas, a Vamo Variable Voltage/Variable Wattage device, paired with a Vivi Nova tank and it’s pretty much vaping heaven for me.

Like this, but not this

Torminalis
    Free Member

What a great thread, it has certainly convinced me to give it a try. Thanks everyone for the information.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Great stuff woody, it’s mental to of not had a fag after so many years of smoking, keep it up 🙂

Bimbler, any idea why the mod has variable wattage as well as voltage?
    Cheers.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just received a delivery from Decadent Vapours:
    Parma Violets
    Irish Coffee
    Rhubarb and Custard
    Chocolate Bananas
    Cafe Braziliano
    and a free Bubblegum (not sure if accidentally or gift).
    I use a Vivi Nova with 1.8ohms coil

spacemonkey

I bought the Riva starter pack for the missus 3 weeks ago but she’s not yet been in the frame of mind to “receive” it 🙁

Ar5e.

andyh2
    Free Member

B.A.Nana I think my kits came with 2.4ohm coil, what’s the pros / cons of a lower resistance one. I’d quite like an easier draw does lower resistance one give that?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Hi Andy
    pros are more smoke and a touch easier to create the smoke. Cons are, it uses a bit more power. TBH I haven’t particularly noticed a reduction in battery life, so it can’t be that big a diff. Vivi Nova came with 3 different ohms coils 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8. I’m presuming you can get the same effect from a variable voltage battery.

andyh2
    Free Member

Thanks B.A.Nana, I’m off to find a 1.8ohm coil then.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Bimbler, any idea why the mod has variable wattage as well as voltage?
    Cheers.

The VW mode measures the resistance of the tank/cartomiser whatever and then will provide the same power (?) to deliver the hit as you like it.

So I’m using a Vivi Nova with the 2.8 Ohm head at 8.0W, once the head is done (I’ve not got into re-wicking yet) and I put the 1.8 ohm head onto it the Vamo measures the resistance and then ups the power to deliver the same hit. Something like that anyway, I run it in VW mode as do most other users I think.

A really great source of info on E-Cigs are the numerous you tube reviews the two best reviewers I’ve found are

PBusardo reviews

and

igetcha69 reviews

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

wotcha all,
    I’ve had this thread bookmarked so’s i could have a go (missed the clearance deals before xmas and was too tight to pay full whack). Having followed Woody’s lead, it’s worth knowing that the code ECR69 gets you 10% off at vapeescape – I still spent the same amount to get the free delivery, but won an extra couple of samplers for the money. Hopefully lands tomorrow – I’m new-toy excited about all this (plus it’s parky, so faux-smoking indoors sounds a firm win).

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Bimbler, thanks for that, I was already aware of that reviewer but had never seen his new year newbe one, so thanks again.

spasmic gherkin, any updates? it is proper cold outside 😉

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

spasmic gherkin, any updates? it is proper cold outside

well, hit and miss so far..
    On the bright side, I’ve hardly smoked (a couple yesterday and monday, none on sunday), whereas I’m normally a 15-20 roll-ups per day chap. Plus my day shift rotation means I’ve been visiting the pub after work (also why it’s taken me a day to reply). So that’s all dandy, fast delivery of thursday night order, saturday morning delivery too.

Flavours I got from the tester range:
    Vanilla (not much like vanilla, or very nice)
    “deluxe” (fag-flavoured in theory, bearable but not one I’ll be buying again)
    Cherry cigar (I think someone recommended that earlier) – decided this was my favourite from the off, but what over the weekend tasted quite nice with a slightly odd after-taste now reminds me of bong water.
    HS menthol sensation (Seems the winner, tastes very, very menthol, and I mixed some into the cherry cigar juice to make that bearable). Haven’t had much chance to try it individually, but I suspect it’s lots rougher on the throat than the others. No idea why, but terribly sore throat the last couple of days.

Usage-wise it looks like I’ve been getting through 1 – 1.2ml per day, though that includes trying to burn through the cherry so’s i can refill the clearomiser. And having a few pints per night. And lying on the settee in the lovely warm, chain-vaping because I needn’t skulk outdoors now. Decently cheap!

The clearomiser is a bit fiddly. There seems to be a secret amount of tightening onto the battery to make it work, every time I’ve charged the battery (and I’ve had one going for 2 days now without needing charging – so seems a fair capacity) it’s taken a couple of minutes of doing/undoing before it suddenly starts working. I’m sure it’s worked using either battery, but at the mo I can only get one of them to work.

Can’t really comment on the cartomiser yet, as i decided to clean out the drip tips from the carto & clearomisers after filling all the carts in prep. The cart drip-tip fits down the plughole, be warned (or more sensible than I).

On the whole I’m impressed – not really smoking (more to the point, not wanting to)yet I can still blow smoke rings with these things! Didn’t expect anywhere near so much vapour from it – virtually indistinguishable from a lungful of real, manly smoke. Feel a bit of a knob in the pub though, and the only times I’ve smoked have been when using the logic “if I have to go outside anyway, I may as well smoke”.

If I can figure out the connection issues and find some nice flavours then I’ll be fully sold. ‘Til then I’ll be optimistic and enthusiastic with minor, niggly doubts.

Flavours suggestions would be good, prob’ly won’t be trying the fag-a-like ones again (they seemed the sensible option at first, and novelty flavours a ridiculous notion. Now I get the sense in it)

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

update:
    vanilla: turns out not that bad (been streaming the chelsea-saints game (saints fan) and chaining for the last our or so). very null, seems to take the edge off what i presume is the nicotine taste (i know it doesn’t have a taste, so read that as whatever the taste in the old niquitin inhalers was).

Also, having oddly got the other battery to work 1st time, it seems a fully charged battery gives a stronger “burny” taste – so mayhap one of those ones with variable voltage would counteract this a little.

either ho, i’m well on the way to drunk, had a cack day at work, and starving hungry, yet haven’t touched the emergency stash of fags in my pocket.

the doubts are shrivelling, shrivelling i tells you

andyh2
    Free Member

SG a couple of my Vision Ego clearomisers seemed not to work even though the battery seemed to be charged. I tried my spares and they seemed to work fine. There’s a vid here which shows what might be an issue and I’m going to try this to see if it helps before I give up on them;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osjv6MNHGkg

Flavour wise from Vape escape I alternate between HS Delight (tobacco flavour) and HS Menthol sensation. I like the Decadent Vapours mentholyptus too. With both I up the menthlness by adding a menthol crystal to the juice before putting in clearomiser.

Quite like the Grizewalds Black Cat tobacco flavour.

Quite like Dec Vap Cinnamint and Grizewalds Hypnotique too for a non menthol or tobacco change.

Didn’t like the HS Storm or Grizewalds Golden Burginia tobacco flavours. It really is a suck it and see process of finding which flavours work for you.

Good luck, it’s great compared to smoking isn’t it>

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

Thanks andhyh2, I shall look into them, I intend on trying out the other companies mentioned on the thread, and does Cinnamint have a cinnamon flavour (italics couldn’t express my love of cinnamon sweets, use imagination), or am I hoping for too much? As soon as I remember where in this dive i left my needle-nose pliers, and if they’re fine enough (i’m dubious, from memory, whether my cheap ones are)I shall give it a go. just tried a 2nd best of forcing a screwdriver through the top, but seems not to work.

In a brand new problem, the battery-that-didn’t-work-before-but-now-does has started doing the flashy-cut-out after about half a second of pressing the button, so is next to useless, and the battery that used to work now doesn’t. After the video, I presume i’m just forcing the doo-dad too far into the thingummy-wossname when i put it on charge, and mayhap the misfiring battery just needs a charge. Either who, I’ve been huffing on the cartomiser sans driptip all day, wondering how much juice i can inmadvertently drink before i die.

Thanks again, updates when i get them

(and yep – a funload* better than smoking)

*family friendly version

andyh2
    Free Member

The cinnamint does have a cinnamon flavour, personally I’d have preferred stronger cinnamon taste and less sweetness to it, but I still like it.

That’s what my batteries seemed to be doing, but in my case it was the clearomiser not the battery causing the problem. I tried the vid method, but my pliers aren’t fine enough. Overcame the problem by pushing the tube down from the top after unscrewing the head (this bit here; http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/vision-ego-rainbow-v3-spare-heads-%28long-wick%29~390 )

To be honest I’m a bit disappointed in the faff factor. I’ve found that the silver bands that are top and bottom of the clearomiser come off when cleaned in boiling water, so I’m gluing those on after cleaning and drying. Likewise the threaded part of the tip. I’ll just give new ones a wipe rather than the boiling water treatment. Also the flavours seem better if I keep the clearomiser fairly full. Sometimes the taste goes off as it empties.

I guess it’s a bit like bike maintenance in that once you know what and when to do it it’s fine, but getting to that stage can be frustrating at times.

Still much better than smoking though 🙂

jiajerry
    Free Member

I am not use it, but i consider buying one for my father.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

one of my clearomisers was a bit dodgey, the clear tube being slightly loose in the silver band. if you want to continue with this, I would recommend a Vivi Nova upgrade. These are much better construction than the cheapy clearomisers and easier to refill, or a Mini Nova if you don’t want such a big lump. Been using mine now for a month and using it all the time(like you was getting a bit fed up with the cheap clearo) .

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have a Viva Nova, not a bad bit of kit, but higher ohms have me rather undecided. Now rocking carto’s as I dont need so much vapor now, tank systems help, I was confused about these but now embrace them.
    Lets keep going guys 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Has everyone still given up?
    I have fancied a cig a few times this week so I thought I better buy some new kit & juice, collected it tonight & I have to say that I’m moving away from the small stuff & going all out, thought about the provari but I ended up buying an itaste mvp, big old box but it’s a great piece of kit!

Hang in there folks 🙂

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

9 days here with no fags – ive just become a vapealot buf seriously i feel much better for it

sausagefingers
    Free Member

cheers for all the advice,just about to take the mrs over to vape escape for a starter kit.she smokes about 10 – 15 a day for the past 20 years so hopefully this will help her quit,she’s tried a few times but always ends up back on the tabs.will post an update,thanks again

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Think I’m on my 5th month now, it’s the first time I’ve ever stopped smoking for more than a week. I have tabacco and papers in the drawer, but can honestly say I’ve never even considered it.
    Most recently, bought a load of cheap decadent vapours liquid in a closing down sale and just bought an eVod to sample (basically a Vivi Nova, but the wick is at the bottom of the tank)

nealglover
    Free Member

4 years for me as of the 15th Feb 🙂

Still using the e-cigs mainly because I like them, but using 0% nic juice most of the time.

Was smoking 40 Bensons a day, and smoked for 20 years, And I’ve not had a single cigarette since the day my first e-cig arrived in the post.

Keep it up !!!

8 months here………….
    just need to remember to keep hydrated

binners

I thought I’d resurrect this, so I can check out your flavour recommendations.

I bit the bullet the other day and bought a Titan e cig. There’s a shop opened near us just selling all manner of e-cigs, accessories and liquids. One by one the smokers in my local boozer have called in there. And the huddle outside, having a fag, has steadily diminished. They’re all sat at the bar ‘having a smoke’ instead.

So I’ve joined them. Bloody hell! What a revelation! Why the hell didn’t I get one of these before? Its cost me the same as a weeks B&H. I’ve done the weekend without a fag, and without the urge for one at all.

I’ve got cherry in at the moment. Think I’m going to try the lemon and lime next 😀

2 weeks in and no desire for a fag. I wish these things were invented 15 years ago!

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

5 weeks here and not one smoke has passed my lips , i too wishthis would have been available years ago.

sircharles
    Free Member

utterly disgusting habit,
    the electric seems the way forward i must say.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well I’m still not smoking & looking at that banner under one of my posts on page three I appeared to of saved a few quid 🙂

I’m currently rocking Apple & grape mist from ukecig-store, not to sweet. I have noticed that my taste has changed but I’m sick of buying liquid that I don’t like, it’s my biggest problem with this vaping malarkey, that & all the new vaping toys I have bought, I think I have spent several hundred pounds but now I’m settled & if I were to recommend a set up for someone getting into vaping then it would be a variable voltage battery such as the ego-c twist with a mini vivi nova, big enough to last for a sensible amount of time without being to big & the vivi nova’s seem to be well built & I haven’t had one break or leak on me yet.

Cheers.

binners

2unfit2ride – I think its a bloke thing. Its just something else to buy ‘stuff’ for. And there’s nowt up with that. Old style fags seem very boring in comparison now. All the lads in the pub have been coming in with various additions and alterations to their e cigs, in all manner of wild colours and finishes 😀

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

binners, whats the name of the shop out of interest?

Cheers.

binners

The shop is just called the E Cig Store. Its a nicely done out shop in the middle of Rammy. The bloke who runs it couldn’t have been more helpful. They’ve all sorts in there! his website is

http://www.theecigstore.co.uk

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks, I already use the Totally wicked website, it would be nice to have a retail shop near me though for those panic buy moments :mrgreen:

Cheers.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve also struggled a bit with flavours. I started off with all the novelty flavours, tangerine, watermelon, mint, cinammon, chocolate, etc etc. Some of them keep their flavour, some I’ve found become flavourless after the first few vapes. Most of what I’ve tried have been ok, only a few I’ve hated ie energycow is sickly sweet. I’ve actually now realised that I’m not that arsed about all these different flavours, at the moment I’m just on Decadent Vapour Aromatic Tabacco.

Thankfully, I haven’t got into buying all the gear in some desperate search for the holy grail, just have a few batterys and a Vivi Nova, Mini Nova and Evod (basically an upside-down Vivi).

Personally, 6 months in I haven’t seen a massive financial benefit, but I wasn’t a big smoker, bought cheap tabacco and probably vape more than I smoked.

nealglover
    Free Member

They have been around for years, but just not all that widespread like they are now.
    (And not as good in the early day either really)

But I got my first one in 2008 and gave up fully not long after.

My banner is looking pretty good too 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

neal, have you kept a record of how much you’ve spent on e-cig/eliquid stuff?

binners

To be honest, saving a bit of cash would be a nice bonus. But mainly its the not dying thing that’s the main priority 😀

B A Nana – I’ve tried a couple of different flavours, but I can see myself sticking with the tobacco

seosamh77
    Free Member

started on these last tuesday, had 2 rollies then picked up my ecig(jacvapour) from the post office, used it all day in work, and then had one rollie when I got home.

Next day I started off, broken down and asked someone from a real ciggie. that was the last full real one I’ve had.

Had 2 draws on saturday night around 5am. and considering it’s was a mammoth session that carried on to pub shutting on saturday, i think I did not bad.

Not had a real smoke since and since tuesday, i’ve went from 24mg to 12mg.

Got 6 and 0mg coming tomorrow i think, so will be quickly going down through them.

Honestly never thought it would be so successful.

My wheezing stopped over night(my main motivation in stopping, only recently started feeling proper bad effects of smoking in the last 6 months or so).

Pretty much it’s easy not to smoke with these, so I’m going down to 0mg and actually completely giving up. but I reckon I’ll always keep it handy just incase, especially for when drinking.

No bad for someone that smoked for 17 years, without really giving up at all(I thought about it before, but I never lasted 6 hours.)

In short, they are and absolute revelation imo. 7 days, more or less(well, I’m claiming 7! :mrgreen: )

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘Anybody use them electronic ciggies?’ is closed to new replies.