Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody use Oakley split jackets?
  • Vortexracing

And if yes, what do you think of them?

Ta

Dave

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes me, I have a pair, I’ve two lenses so far, both Orange and ones clear and the others reflective.

Fit well around my bonce, haven’t fallen off my head nor helmet when hacking along.
    Only issue I’ve had is mist, I wear a beanie on the Roadie this time of year and the vents in the topside of the lens doesn’t get enough air down them due to beanie/glasses proximity, but that just me init.

Good glasses.

Vortexracing

Just out with the family @ cheshire oaks and the oakley shop have the gloss black framed ones with jade iridium and persimmon vented lenses for £130, seems like a good deal, but i was wondering what they are like.

damitamit
    Free Member

I’ve got prescription ones with transitions. Had them for a couple of years, they’ve been great! I have a smallish face so they fit better than jawbones.

(see pic in profile).

mintimperial

Yep, got some with Rx transitions too. They’re flipping ace, dead comfy, keep the crap out of my eyes, and stay on really well. They’ve only fallen off my face once in the two years since I got them, and I was stretchered off from that one on a spinal board…

I did try on lots of different frames first though, it’s worth going to a shop with a decent range and finding what fits your face best.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i have some i wear as day to day sunglasses. really like them, very comfy.

For riding though i prefer jawbones as they are that bit deeper in the lenses, although the split jackets are fine for that too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody use Oakley split jackets?’ is closed to new replies.