Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anybody swap from a ipad to a android tablet
  • slinkybike
    Free Member

Just broke my ipad this week and I am thinking of down grading to a nexus 7 anybody used both. The only thing I am worried about is my iTunes collection and of getting books to read.

Talk to me

gears_suck
    Free Member

No, but I swapped from an iPhone to a windows phone and wondered why I took so long to do it. Apple has just become a lumbering behemoth and I go so sick of constant software updates that always screwed something up.

b45her
    Free Member

i went from android to i-phone and send it back to get another android phone withing 2 days.

found the iphone to be more of a fashion accessory than a functional device.

b45her
    Free Member

i went from android to i-phone and send it back to get another android phone withing 2 days.

Bez

Got both here. The iPad is better hardware but I find iOS isn’t as pleasurable to use as Jelly Bean. The Google app store is a million times more reliable IME. iPlayer is much better on the iPad and there are a few other particularly good iPad apps which aren’t on Android, but not many. Android has a lot more free apps, though. And of course you’d be going to something half the size, which is more portable and better for reading books, but perhaps not so good for home use. Overall I prefer the Nexus, but it’s highly subjective – they’re both good.

GolfChick
    Free Member

yep i used to have a full sized ipad, not quite the latest but the one before so was still only a year old. The OH was looking at nexus 7 for christmas so I had a play with one… I ended up getting one before christmas so sort of ruined his christmas present! For the me the ipad was just too big for bed use which is when I mostly use it, I bought it just before the ipad mini came out so that wasn’t really a consideration. For me the android is just better all over. I was using an iphone 4 and bought a samsung galaxy s3 before the 5 came out so knew the sort of transition I’d be going through. Android is a LOT more customisable and some of the software available that i use and LOVE are not available from the apple store and never will be due to apples constraints etc on their developers. The only downside is the fact that I have an a macbook and I had an iphone and ipad so they would all integrate with each other impeccably and now I have to use a few other middle men programs and apps to get the same effect. That is the only downside for me!

vrapan
    Free Member

You can get the Kindle App to read books, and you can read them literally everywhere so no point really on buying books from iBooks where the only place you can read them at is an iPad. So your books are ok.

You can also get google music manager or something like that (cant remember the name) let it upload all your iTunes music (from a PC/Mac itunes library) to Google, from there you can play your music again on any Android device and through a browser on any other phone/tablet/computer.

So content wise you will have no problems moving to google.

Go with Apple for performance simplicity and polish. Go to Google for features and customisation. I’d recommend checking both the Nexus 7 and the iPad Mini though the Mini has a sub par resolution I think it is a better tablet than the Nexus 7 especially if you already are setup with an iTunes account and have some apps you like on that platform.

nealglover
    Free Member

[quote]i went from android to i-phone and send it back to get another android phone withing 2 days.
    [/quote]

Seems to working faultlessly 😉

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I went from an Ipad 3 to a nexus 7 – wouldn’t go back, I find the nexus to be much more user friendly and intuitive.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Went from ipad to galaxy note 10.1. Awesome. The only issue I sometimes have is with the keyboard when typing.

Otherwise I feel it is superior. Also went iphone to s3 again a switch I have not regretted.

I got fed up with whole hey look at apple we have a camera that is 5mp on our new phone, whereas everyone else was running with 8.

daveh
    Free Member

Didn’t have an iPad, but had an iPhone and access to an iPad, bought a nexus 7. Having done that I then ditched the iPhone for a nexus 4. No regrets. Those who own a nexus 7 should really give the nexus 4 a go, the screen is nicer and its a good deal quicker, it makes jellybean even better!

geologist
    Free Member

I must be the odd one out. I had an ipad on loan from my wifes school for a few months. I had to give that back when the new school yearstarted. I bought a galaxy tab 2 last month, and wish id spent more andgot an ipad! The android app store is better, but everthing else is better on the ipad imo.

Typed on my galaxy tab! 🙁

parkesie
    Free Member

Had a android acer for over a year now and just replaced it with a iPad as it had enough of being dropped. The android did everything I needed, kindle micro sd and play mp3s and the like. I pad covers the same bases after getting a add on card reader. Went for the iPad mini as I read a lot on it and the 10 inch tablets are a bit unwieldy.

Bez

I had a Galaxy Tab 2 briefly, it was truly dreadful. Having tried a few, I would be extremely reluctant to buy any Android tablet that didn’t have “Nexus” in the name.

joeyj
    Free Member

Depends on what you are going to use it for. We have three iPads a blackberry play book and an android tablet and we all prefer the iPads for ease and for what we use them for. Have a play with the nexus as well as the iPad mini and see which one you like the best

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

Seems to working faultlessly

yeah I spotted that too. The irony was delicious, mmmmmm… 😈

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anybody swap from a ipad to a android tablet’ is closed to new replies.