Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody skied/boarded at Cypress Mountain (Vancouver)
  • ac505
    Free Member

I’ve got a day spare on a business trip so thinking on packing my boots and head to the mountains for some boarding (or skiing if no pow). I’ll be in Vancouver, although my initial thought was to hire a car and head to Whistler, that could get kind of expensive for a single day on the slopes. Whats the general concensus towards Cypress Mountain I guess it will be weather dependant and could be wet, but that to the side is it good for a day?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Can’t help on the Cypress Mountain question other than i know that it can be pretty variable depending upon the weather but there is a reliable direct bus service to Whistler from Vancouver that might keep the costs down enough to make that option viable. From memory I think there were only two stops between Vancouver and Whistler.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I worked at Grouse last winter. Only went to Cypress once, but it was a powder day and therefore ace! Definetly the best out of the local hills, although Grouse had a few great Blacks!

Whistler I found to be a bit lacking- we didn’t have great conditions either time but it didn’t wow me.. Obvioussly more choice than Cypress etc, but pricy!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ac505
    Free Member

Just checked the Whistler website, $150 for transport, lift pass and hire (so not too bad , and I’m going to expense it hopefully).

I guess I can make the call nearer the date as both options sould pretty good

wrightyson
    Free Member

A good mate boards all that area, he posted on the 27th December “knee deep powder” on cypress.

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

I’ve got a mate that moved out that way this winter, he’s been posting pics of fresh pow at Cypress ever since, how long it will last I don’t know, its all very near the coast.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody skied/boarded at Cypress Mountain (Vancouver)’ is closed to new replies.