Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anybody ride surley pug or 1×1
  • mollski
    Free Member

hi anybody on here ride a surley pug or a 1×1?

mollski
    Free Member

anybody

Kuco

I use to have a 1×1 but not anymore.

coastkid
    Free Member

hi again mollski!, oh its surly with out the

,only shaggy on here who has a pug and myself i think,you wont get anywhere on here with pug questions 🙂 will just get mocking from xc riders :wink:,UK scene not intrested in beach riding,stick with the fatbike forum for fellow converters, i did have a geared 1×1 with 3" nokian DH tyrs before the pug for the beach but bloody hard work,have you got a partlist yet?

nbt

I had a 1*1 too, but I sold it

epicyclo

I've got an ancient 1×1. It's a nice bike. I doubt I'll ever part with it, the frame is too tatty to be worth anything, but it keeps being too useful even though I have switched to 29ers now.

I have used it for a Euro SS champs and 2 'Puffers and taken it as a backup for other races. Nice handling and predictable. Soaks up a lot of punishment and has no nasty habits that will bring you down when you're knackered and stupid on an icy descent at 3am.

It's steel so it's about a lb heavier than an alloy bike when built up. I prefer it with a carbon fork to suspension.

I'll have it at the next 'Puffer setup with drum brakes for a mudfest – the big clearances mean it's ideal for that. I've finally managed to get my hands on a set of ice tyres for my 29er, so I'll be riding that if it's icy.

samuri
    Free Member

I had a 1×1, fine bike. Rode well, cheap.

Aidan
    Free Member

Why does everyone think Shaggy is the only one who rides in snow!!! There were a number of British riders at this year's Alaska Ultrasport. As I'm sure he'd point out, he wasn't even the only one on a singlespeed.

I had a 1×1 for years, now sold to a mate who rides it more than his Specialized Stumpy.

And I now have a Pugsley. Great bike for snow, stable bike for mucking about on, quite hard work for something like the Dyfi.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Having ridden Aidans Pug (just down the lane) I'd say they're far more useable than they appear and I still want one 😀

Stuart

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anybody ride surley pug or 1×1’ is closed to new replies.