• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anybody ride a Focus Cayo (ultegra)
  • jonb
    Free Member

Just wondering what you think of it, any long term reviews rather than the 5 minute efforts from the mags.

Everybody seems to think it's wonderful but I need reassurance before I buy one. Value is impressive, especially when you look at the price of the 2010 105 version.

cp

I've got the 09 105 cayo. It's awesome!!! Watch the sizing, xl is like everyone elses large, but focus make a much broader range of sizes. If I had my time again I'd go for a planet x with full ultegra purely on value.

The focus is great though, and I have no regrets at all.

karnali
    Free Member

yep had one about 18 months, love it very light and ccelerates well. not ridd another carbon frame so can't compare, but i like it

ta

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrGreedy

Yes, just put mine away for the winter as it happens. Pound for pound the value is superb. The weakest parts of the spec are the Aksium wheels which are alright really, but if you wanted to race/TT they'd be the first upgrade. The own brand saddle and bars are surprisingly decent, and I was also very impressed with the attention to detail – good quality bar tape, Jagwire cables, internal rear brake routing, protector clips so the cables don't scuff up the headtube.

Mine is an XL, and apart from changing to a 10mm shorter stem I'm 100% happy with the position. I've not ridden carbon before, but compared to its alu predecessor it feels a heck of a lot stiffer in the bottom bracket area (which isn't surprising considering the amount of material there). I'm not exactly a delicate rider (more of a Hushovd than a Contador, shall we say) but I'm damned if I could generate any lateral movement. It's also incredibly stable at speed – even at 50mph down the Lecht it felt planted and secure, and I didn't have the balls to get anywhere near its limits going down the hairpins.

More than any other bike I've ridden, it just urges you on faster and faster, but if you can resist that temptation and not wear yourself out after 10 miles it's still fairly civilized on 4hr plus rides.

cp

+1 mrgreedy – the rest of my thoughts summed up!

Although I run the 105 versionas mentioned, which has cheap shimano wheels… And I race!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ride a Focus Cayo (ultegra)’ is closed to new replies.