Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anybody ride a Blur 4x
  • faithless
    Free Member

As the title says, what do you think of it for trail riding,also post pics of your builds.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Got one on tuesday. Fun wee bike. Not really ridden it enough for a more detailed review.

Or had time to take any decent pics!

slowrider
    Free Member

thats my old bike that is!

if you dont mind sweating a bit on the ups and clipping the odd pedal then its as fast as you dare on anything that slopes down. the scarier, steeper and more rocky and rooty the better. its good fun in the singletrack and if you give it some muscle the slack head angle doesnt hold it back on switchbacks and the like. if you are a smooth, flowy, pick your line type of rider then it might nor be ideal. that said it might change you in to an aggressive, ‘pedal at the scary lookng bits’ type of rider that it seems to suit.

mine started off looking like this:

i tried to lighten it up a bit, got it from 32.5lbs to 29lbs like this:

then got fed up of braking light brakes and my forks being flexy and went back closer to the original build at 31.3lbs like this:

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Yay, small world. Hi Tom!

slowrider
    Free Member

hey stuart, bet you’ll be changing that rear tire if you ride this week! meant to ask, did i give you the allen key that fits the bearing tool? its a funny size so dont lose it!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Aye, i got the Allen Key, will keep it safe with the press. Cheers!

Rear tire was hilariously slidey even on the dry trails earlier in the week. No braking grip to speak of. Stupid blue groove on the front was even worse. Back to Maxxis for me.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Bit of a crap pic but you get the idea. Ooodles of fun on downhill stuff, yes its a bit more work on the ups than say a normal Blur etc but the extra speed on the downs makes up for it. Suits the type of riding I do perfectly.

Can’t wait to take it out to Verbier in August!

guitarhero
    Free Member

Nails. Only really use mine on the push up, bomb down trails where a dh bike would be overkill. Prefer my hardtail for trail riding. If you boys are managing to not drop chains with 2 rings up front, you’re not riding it hard enough 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ride a Blur 4x’ is closed to new replies.