• This topic has 44 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mase.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Anybody ridden a Orange Clockwork 29er?
  • Clink

ah! 🙂

charliedontsurf

Only on stw, and this is why I love you all… A simple question quickly turns in to a retro grouch festival of steel talk… Good on ya.

davefarmer
    Free Member

Catvet, yes to both of your previous posts.

I did mean “such” and the Clockwork is a little ripper of a bike. Happiest I’ve ever felt on a hardtail, since I bought my first Cove Stiffee with Z1 drop off forks about a decade ago, and it is sooooo much better than that bike.

Happy to ride down any steep stuff, fast, and climbs easy. Perfect winter bike for me.

ask1974
    Free Member

Quite interesting this, I’ve had my eye on a Whyte 829 (discontinued but still a few around) since having a go on Variflex’s one, lovely bike… My father had an original Clockwork when I was a kid, silly idiot left it outside a shop and some thieving scoundrel took the gift 🙄

Anyway, whilst the ‘new’ Clockwork may bare little resemblance to the old it is exactly the sort of bike I’m looking for. Anyone able to compare with an 829 from experience?

mase

All
    We get too hung up on names and materials…so what if it isn’t steel, who cares if it doesn’t have rack mounts? The important thing is what is it like as a bike. Prior to buying one I read this review which I think gets it pretty spot on:

http://www.m-mb.co.uk/#/blog/4570197278/Orange-Clockwork-S-29er-Review/4273812

The bikes rips and just keeps going over or through anything…..that deep mud that stops you on your 26er might as well not be there for all the difference it makes, the clockwork keeps steaming. It is fast (I have set several Strave PBs and haven’t really tried yet) and fun, what more do you want?

I would recommend those who say Orange have lost the plot actually ride the bike before commenting, after all whatever the name or the material it is how it rides that is important.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ridden a Orange Clockwork 29er?’ is closed to new replies.