Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anybody planning a ride in the snow tonight?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I cant wait to get out on the third ride of my BFe. I think goggles will be needed if it does indeed snow as heavily as forecast.

I might even try the 65mm stem on it to see how it is compared to the 90mm.

binners

Sod that! Charged my lights up last night but it looks horrible out there. Snow would be bearable. Its just freezing mist out there.

bruneep

+6 in Aberdeen at the mo. so no snow.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@I Ache – how is yours built up ?

To answer your question no, it’s freezing.

wors

Was hoping for snow around rivi, but by looking out of the window it is icy cold piss rain and by all accounts rivi is pretty icy.

rOcKeTdOg

its currently raining ice here, not quite snow, not quite rain

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

icy snow ontop of thick ice for most of the ride tuesday, was thinking it would clear for tonight, but temp hasnt risen above -2 so im guessing the most of it will still be there any mostly awful!

hopefully this weekend it will clear up, though im not holding my breath 🙁

fresh snow is great, the aftermath of it lingering around especially around the peak area is not so great 🙁

roll on spring now 🙁

ps44
    Free Member

Thanks for the reminder to put light on charge

leggyblonde
    Free Member

went out last night on choppy hard re-frozen snow and it was tough going. I’ll give tonight a miss as we’re only forecast a dusting in Souf London

rusty90
    Free Member

Just agreed with my mate that we’re giving our usual Thursday night ride a miss. Temperature is 1.8, it’s raining and foggy. Yuck.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What snow?

_tom_
    Free Member

No snow here yet other than the left-overs from the other day, but I’m off out in a minute.

curlie467
    Free Member

Bog all but rain here and i missed a nice dry ride yesterday evening which makes it worse!

chakaping
    Free Member

went out last night on choppy hard re-frozen snow and it was tough going

Same here in Herts. 11 miles in two hours. Bloody hard going.

hooja
    Free Member

Im out riding anyway, first ride on new frame, i just pray it snows! we haven’t had a flake yet this year 🙁

senorj

Not tonight – planning a dawn raid on Epping for the morning.
    Light snow forecast.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wanted to road bike this weekend. Hmm.

Although, I think it’s going to be really warm on Sunday.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Well I just got home and it is sleeting so if the temp drops a bit and it turns into snow I’m out but I’m dammed if I’m going out in freezing rain/sleet.

@ jambalaya, have a look at the BFe thread in my profile there are pics and links to more. It currently has coil Pikes full deore group with 2×9, burgtec 750 bars, 321 front wheel and a 721 rear while I wait for my 321 rear. I put a 90mm da bomb stem on as thats what I had but am going to try a 65mm straitline wedge stem, that is way too chunky looks wise for the frame but hopefully it will feel good.

molgrips
    Free Member

I feel like putting the spikes on my bike but it’s got tubeless on and it’s a right ballache to swap tyres. Plus I don’t even know if the Nokians can be run tubeless. They would serioulsy benefit though cos you could run them really low for snow levitation.

EDIT notubes.com lists Nokian in their ‘ok’ tyres section.

davetrave
    Free Member

-6 and dancing on ice last night riding around Frogatt, Curbar and Big Moor. Bit of a mistake to go out for 2 hours with knee warmers rather than full length leg covering…

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Tried a ride this morning. Got half a mile down the road to the park and slipped on ice and headbutted the floor. wish it would piss off now.

edlong
    Free Member

Finally started to properly snow here (West Yorkshire). Might head out in a bit.

ryanw
    Free Member

I was out Sunday, Monday and last night (Wednesday). Sunday was quality in the fresh snow, Monday was a little crunchy, and last night was like an ice rink. I stacked it about 5 times, once at over 20mph on a farm track, thank goodness for wearing a helmet!

It’s doing my nut in now, I’d rather have the copious amounts of mud we had 2 weeks ago, at least you had traction!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anybody planning a ride in the snow tonight?’ is closed to new replies.