Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • anybody not watching the TDF?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

I’m sure its very exciting, but its BEAUTIFUL outside so there’s no way I’m going to sit inside and watch other people ride bikes when i could be out riding my own. So road ride to friends house, MTB ride this evening, Road ride home again.

anybody else out to play instead of watching the race?

mboy
    Free Member

It is Beautiful outside indeed…

BUT this is History in the making! Besides I’ll just go out for a ride later this afternoon when it’s all over and the weather is still nice.

project
    Free Member

BNECC race today at Birkenhead park, so will be watching that and be arriving by bike, then ride , and tonight highlights of TDF, to see cavendish win in Parios, and Brad to win the series.

BNEEC=birkenhead north end cycling club, the one that Phil Ligget used to organise races for, before he went to do the same for itv.com

yossarian
    Free Member

Watching history unfold today, will ride afterwards.

Priorities, priorities…

_tom_
    Free Member

Haven’t seen any of it, road riding is more boring to watch than it is to do! I went mtb’ing yesterday and will go out on my road bike for a bit today before sorting out the ridiculously long hoses on my new SLX brakes (and trying to get them to work better as they’re a bit underwhelming at the minute). MTB at Woburn every afternoon after work this week 🙂

d45yth
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    Haven’t seen any of it, road riding is more boring to watch than it is to do!

+1

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Been out on the CX bike this morning. Will flick between le tour, F1 and the golf this afternoon.

LoCo
    Free Member

Don’t get ITV4, it’s sunny and I’m off surfing with the family 😀

yunki
    Free Member

haven’t followed the tour since I was about 13 years old..

I’ll watch it for a bit if I get chance.. I’ve got a list of household chores to do about as long as the Pyrenees..

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ll be watching it, not out of a sense of history being made , but more of an injured and not riding kind of way.
    Enjoy the ride.
    Road bikes are ace.
    Ridden bikes are better.

jruk
    Free Member

I had my collarbone plated on Friday so itv4 is as close as I’m getting to a bike for a while 🙁

mudshark
    Free Member

watsontony
    Free Member

road racing is only worth watching for the last 100m. after all thay do just look asthought thay are riding togeter as mates untill right at the end. get on freecaster.net for proper riding lol

miketually
    Free Member

Don’t get ITV4

It’s on ITV1 as well today.

I’ll be watching. With my dad and a couple of beers.

toby1

Be glad you aren’t sitting like me in my office – for the 9th straight day, mostly 10-12 hour days. A bike is just the thing that brings me to my own personal hell right now 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’d like to have watched all of it but I watch so little TV anyway that I just never got round to it, and you really need to watch the whole thing from the start too.

Drac

I’m at work if I’m lucky I may catch some of it.

And yes it more boring to watch than to do but that’s all sports. It’s always more fun to take part.

Albanach
    Free Member

More interested in the golf to be honest but might flick over to ITV4 every so often.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s on at night here easy 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Does that mean you all sit and watching it passively without thinking about possible strategies and tactics?

brakes
    Free Member

it is a lovely day, but I’m looking after the boy today, so he’s got his yellow t-shirt on and we’re going to watch every last bit of this monumental day – the sun might come again, this won’t.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Watching history unfold today, will ride afterwards.

Priorities, priorities…
    this but I have been out already

RealMan
    Free Member

Already been out, just got back. Will possibly go out again after.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ride done, dogs walk done…

First few laps of GP, Open Golf and TDF – what a great afternoon

Evening ride

Mainly golf except for end of TDF and Cav winning sprint and Bradley the Win!! Will my bet on the Open (Scott each way) hold his nerve. Really wanted Scott v Woods final pairing just to watch Stevie Williams!!!

hjghg5
    Free Member

I’ve been out this morning (running race) so now I’m free to enjoy the champagne on the sofa

_tom_
    Free Member

Does that mean you all sit and watching it passively without thinking about possible strategies and tactics?

Yeah, it’s just a load of people riding bikes in a big group isn’t it? I’m not into road riding enough to think about strategies etc. I get sick of riding mine after about an hour!

ditch_jockey

Just back in from a few hours on the road bike – drizzly and windy, so feeling like a proper hardman in between the bouts of coughing thanks to the tail end of a cold.

Now settled in front of the tv to watch history being made – may get watery eyed in a couple of hours time.

DezB
    Free Member

totally agree but even i am watching this. Normally find it about as interesting to watch as golf.

simmy
    Free Member

I started watching about 15 mins ago as Ive been out since 7.30 watching the Ironman event & bonked badly as i’d only had a Banana all day 🙄

Seems to be more ad breaks than owt else.

Gonna clean the Orange and Polish the Raleigh 8)

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, aren’t you just the superior spectator! 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well I’m on nights & have just got up so It’s on. Dead boring but It’s gonna be a Brit wot wins.
    Golf? I couldn’t sleep when I got to bed this morning so I put that on, I was asleep in seconds.

piemonster

Been out already, sofa, biscuits and a brew, TdF,, sorted

simmy
    Free Member

Another Break !!!!

Im going out ont Raleigh for a bit 8)

IainGillam
    Free Member

Had my fun out in the sunshine racing in the morning, tour now. WIGGINS!!!!!

Iain

donsimon
    Free Member

Ooh, aren’t you just the superior spectator!

How have you arrived at this conclusion? 😛

mrmo
    Free Member

Done 4 1/2 hours on the road bike this morning, now to veg in front of the TV.

fasthaggis

Oh dear,did nobody explain to Phil that all the exciting bits are at the Paris end.
    I am sure that he could have planned his day round that small window. 😀

COME ON CAV ……………..

Karinofnine

Went out on CX bike early doors – now massaging my legs and watching le Tour

I hope Brad stays upright and I hope Cav gets the stage

Trimix
    Free Member

Im not watching it. As its spoiled by the fact that it will be won by some bloke who is probably on drugs.

grum
    Free Member

I went out this morning (on my road bike!) – watching it now. I’m a massive glory hunter – COME ON RUPERT’S BOYS!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘anybody not watching the TDF?’ is closed to new replies.