Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anybody made you feel insignificant today?
  • muddyground
    Free Member

Just sold something to a really nice guy. He casually mentioned he’s trying for a cycling world record, helped make 25% of the Bloodhound SSC, and has worked on Apache helicopters worldwide. Oh.

psling
    Free Member

Why would that make you feel “insignificant“. I’m sure you’re a worthy person too.

edward2000
    Free Member

Life isn’t a competition

muddyground
    Free Member

Not beating myself up, sure. Just, rather surprisingly, some people are far more awesome than me. Not sure about life not being a competition. I thought that was the point.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My mate, who I’ve wave windsurfed with for years, had two knee operations to stop his knees bending backwards (true dat) a year ago. Remember the really windy weekend a couple of weekends ago? Well we had 45knts and proper mast high waves and screeming shore dump.. well I lasted about an hour before my bottle went when the tide turned and it became even more rippy…
    He stayed out absolutely ripping and slashing and pulling forwards and backies, pulling off some of the most awesome wave windsurfing I’ve seen even some pros would struggle with.

I didn’t feel insignificant though, watching him rip around whilst I stood on lookout on the beach for him just made me feel immensely humble and proud to see him back on form.

I posted a pic of him in one of the “weekend” threads on here..

Just awesome.

chakaping
    Free Member

He casually mentioned he’s trying for a cycling world record, helped make 25% of the Bloodhound SSC, and has worked on Apache helicopters worldwide.

I think I’ve met him myself actually.

alexpalacefan

I started a light-hearted post on STW, and the first two replies misunderstood it and corrected me.

Made me feel insignificant.

I feel your pain OP

APF

rene59
    Free Member

He casually mentioned he’s trying for a cycling world record, helped make 25% of the Bloodhound SSC, and has worked on Apache helicopters worldwide.

If you really wanted to, then I’m sure you could have done those or similar things as well. It’s likely that you didn’t really want to, otherwise you would have, so why compare? Most people are capable of doing great things, only a few can actually be arsed though. Same with making millions and climbing to the top of the corporate ladder. Often the only special thing about those that are successfull is that they wanted to be.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

The wife….

Each and every day…..

pirahna
    Free Member

muddyground – Member
    Just sold something to a really nice guy. He casually mentioned he’s trying for a cycling world record, helped make 25% of the Bloodhound SSC, and has worked on Apache helicopters worldwide. Oh.

Do you think he was in a pub one evening and someone asked him if he fancied doing some cool stuff or do you think he went out and made it happen?

scotroutes

helped make 25% of the Bloodhound SSC

Surely he helped make 100%?

hodgynd
    Free Member

That’s right give the bloke another kick in the nuts .. 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

muddyground
    Free Member

I’ll criticize Surly next if I really want a good kicking on here, or admit to owning both an Orange 5 and a fat bike (d’oh!). He was oddly specific about the 25%.

How about “slightly humble” instead of down-trodden peasant?

Mr Woppit you sound like an architect I know, whose favourite saying is “dust to dust, what’s the point of it all?”

wordnumb
    Free Member

Death is meaningless and everything is alive.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

He casually mentioned he’s trying for a cycling world record

Me too, I’m just not trying very hard.

scotroutes

TBH if I’d known it was going to make you feel bad, I’d have said nowt.

DezB
    Free Member

some people are far more awesome than me.

muddyground
    Free Member

Feel bad? Not at all. He was referring to the bits he helped make, and not taking credit for other work.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The wife….

Each and every day…..

Same here, especially since her operation on May 24th. She’s got bigger balls than me!

*taps fingers & waits for the inevitable*

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anybody made you feel insignificant today?’ is closed to new replies.