Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anybody know where to buy Elite Mag Volare bearings? Turbo trainer noisey!
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Loud and vibrating but not the good type.

I’ve taken the end caps off and it looks like the sleeve bearings are shot.

Thinking of pressing them out with a socket/G clamp and then matching them up with a local truck/bearings spares shop?

Looked at Madisons & Halfords, can’t seem to see any.

tomhoward

Ha! Was having the same issue myself, so watching with interest!

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Probably have to source them yourself. Last time I did this I got all the way to elite in Italy. Who had no idea.

But they could get me a part number for the resistance unit…….

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’ve emailed Elite…

All I could see was a whole new unit. It is cheaper to buy a new TT.

When I get an hour, I’m going to take it to bits,diagnose it is bearings and get the old v.calipers to measure the bearing sizes. Just hope I don’t break the cheap plastic whilst pushing out bearing with a G-clamp and vice…

Will update.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Elite are going to post me some new bearings from Italy – hopefully before Brexit.

In the meantime, I took the turbo trainer apart and popped the rubber seals off the bearings (one large and one small bearing) and used a grease gun to pack some thick red bike grease.

Put it all back together and it’s quiet again but not silent as it was when new.

I didn’t remove the pivot or the bearings.

Remove the dust caps on either side. One side has easy access to repackage grease into the bearing.
    The other side is a sod.

You’ll have to unbolt the side bolt. Ease of the metal discs and magnet disc. Turn the cable tension to low and ease of the plastic brake. Remove the brake and you will have access to the rubber dust cap. Pop it off without damaging it, remove old grease, squirt a high melting point thick grease.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anybody know where to buy Elite Mag Volare bearings? Turbo trainer noisey!’ is closed to new replies.