Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anybody know what Giant's warranties are like ?
  • scaredypants

In the wake of jedi’s comments about the legend of spesh cs, how does Giant stack up ?

rents
    Free Member

Very good aslong as you are the original owner :0)

anto164
    Free Member

Give you a clue..

Walked into store with a snapped link on my bike late on monday. Rode it out again on the saturday of the same week.

scaredypants

ah, forgot about this – thanks !

giant’s uk site is poor on warranty description but the worldwide version says frame warranty is for “life” with original owner 🙂 😕

MrSalmon
    Free Member

When my XTC frame was a bit out of true a new one showed up pleasing quickly, so good IME.

anto164
    Free Member

Stop now, that’s not actually true

Giant UK Ltd (“Giant guarantees the Giant rigid frames aid Giant rigid forks of each new Giant brand bicycle and Giant brand frameset to be free front defects In material and workmanship tot a period of 10 yea’s from the date of delivery to the first owner. Giant suspension bicycle frames are similarly guaranteed for a period of 5 years, whereas Giant suspension forks are guaranteed for a period of 2 years. For all Giant parts, for as far as they have not been mentioned above, a guarantee for a period of 2 years after date of delivery is valid, Batteries and other electrical equipment, a guarantee of a year after the date of delivery is valid. For parts of third party the relevant guarantee of producer is valid and applicable .These guarantees apply only to bicycles, framesets, parts and electrical eqt4nent purchased new from, and assembled by, an Authorised Giant Dealer

Apologies if the spelling isn’t too great, used some software to copy the text from a picture. (Their catalogue) http://www.issuu.com/giant_uk_brochure/docs/my2011_giant_online_brochure page 170 iirc

scaredypants

whoah ! good effort there anto, thanks

I did open that online brochure & “searched” for warranty but didn’t show up (I think it only looks on the page that’s open as it then “found” it for me once I was on p170)

10yr (even 5) probably counts as something like “life” for me

(US: “Giant Bicycle, Inc. (“Giant”) warrants the frame and rigid fork of each new Giant brand bicycle and Giant brand frameset to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the bicycle…”)

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The lower Maestro link on my Reign snapped. Giant argued that the link was a ‘part’, and not part of the frame. I argued otherwise, and they agreed to replace it. Still waiting to hear from the bike shop that it’s been done.

anto164
    Free Member

The lower Maestro link on my Reign snapped. Giant argued that the link was a ‘part’, and not part of the frame. I argued otherwise, and they agreed to replace it. Still waiting to hear from the bike shop that it’s been done.

Same thing happened to mine. Sounds strange that, not wanting to warranty part of the frame. Still, it could just be a poor bit of communication from your bike shop. I had a 4 day turnaround. My link was in on the friday, (Went the bike shop about it on the mon, and the warranty part was there on the fri) but got it fitted on the sat.

scaredypants

doesn’t sound so reassuring TW – glad you’re getting sorted

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

It wasn’t the bike shop. They were excellent. Claiming that a linkage on a full-sus is not part of the frame is mince (IMO).

thegman67

I have a Reignx1 and have had wheel bearings and bottom brackets and also a my stam triggers replaced under warranty no problems

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anybody know what Giant's warranties are like ?’ is closed to new replies.