Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 287 total)
  • Anybody know STW member Watsontony?
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    did the other bloke get his bars too?

Or half each even?!

chopchop
    Free Member

Sod-all here…

Gary_M
    Free Member

So a reasonably regular poster up until 6 days ago has disappeared off the face of the earth for £90? Seems odd, hope it all works out for you all.

Stoner
    Free Member

That’s what I call deep cover!

Given how regular he has been, I reckon it’s more likely something’s happened.

watsontony
    Free Member

wow guys i have had NO internet access for nearly a week! The pedals have been sent! Two of you have paid for the bars so do one of you want a refund or both? and the pinkbike ban was from selling a bike and then the buyer wanting a refund after two months because a crack had appeared. I could of probs used a friends or public computer to contact you guys but to be honest i didn’t think it was such an issue. wow how i was wrong. Bit of an over reaction! i defo ain’t a scamer why the **** would try and rip the stw massive off for some freaking pedals and some bars. let me know weather u want bars or refunds!

right im off to spend my millions

toys19
    Free Member

Well done Tony for keeping your patience, a few days of quiet does not a scammer make, some people think the classifieds are like a shop..

watsontony
    Free Member

just read my emails and some of you guys need hugs

muzzle
    Free Member

Copy and paste them here. You know you want to…

spawnofyorkshire

Burn him regardless!!!!!

We’re on STW and a conclusion must be jumped to as quickly as possible

theflatboy
    Free Member

+1 for sharing the emails with the group. 🙂

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Refund please

nick1962
    Free Member

let me know weather u want bars or refunds!

watsontony

The fairest way is to saw the bars in half so they each get a piece and remiburse both half their money 😉

drofluf
    Free Member

watsontony
    The fairest way is to saw the bars in half so they each get a piece and remiburse both half their money

At last, a voice of reason!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Don’t drag the pedals into this I’ve been patient! 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

I think that Mr. Watson may be due an apology…

RustySpanner

I’m sorry I opened this thread.

Good enough?

chopchop
    Free Member

Glad you’re back Tony. You have to admit there was a ‘perfect storm’ brewing indicating that you were up to no good.

I’ll have those bars that were in the post last Friday, cheers 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

You have to admit there was a ‘perfect storm’ brewing indicating that you were up to no good.

or just loads of people jumping to the wrong conclusions becasue they had the expectations that they were dealing with a mailorder shop rather than a bloke with other things going on in his life?

post up the emails watsontony!

cynic-al
    Free Member

chopchop – Member
    I’ll have those bars that were in the post last Friday, cheers

and

yossarian – Member
    post up the emails watsontony!

boxbuster
    Free Member

😀

bigjim

seems every few weeks someone posts here having paid a seller for something without confirming person to person with the seller first.

post the emails!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

watsontony – Member

😀

fd3chris
    Free Member

It’s good to see a happy ending to what lately has been too many stories of rip offs. Glad your back mate 🙂

tomhoward

I won’t be happy until I see those emails…

nealglover
    Free Member

chopchop – Member
    I’ll have those bars that were in the post last Friday, cheers

I like your style.

vinnyeh

Looking back over the thread, one person assumed that a pinkbike classified ban for the seller was for fraud, despite no evidence, even after mailing the staff, went off half cocked and tried as hard as possible to turn this into a witch hunt.

Not pleasant.

woody2000

To be honest, given all the crap that’s been floating around about scammers etc, you can’t really blame people for getting twitchy if there’s been no comms for a week. 50/50 in the blame stakes I reckon…..

tomhoward

No comms for a week (weve only just got to a week now) is fine to maybe send the seller a polite mail asking if there had been any hold ups, not running on here snooping around for addresses and phone numbers. The blind panic twitching started after 3 working days.

Remember you are dealing with people, not online megashops.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

I sent Tony several emails, tried his phone, tried to contact him through ebay all to no avail. I’m sorry that it has come to this but think that there was sufficient evidence for me to become concerned. There is culpability on all sides, while I understand that the double payment may have caused a bit of confusion his end (although I have to ask why a double payment was allowed to happen, poor comms?)but we both got emails saying that payment had been revieved and the goods would be dispatched asap! I can also think of no reason why the at least the pedals could not have been dispatched when promised. All this, plus the Pinkbike information did make me think something was wrong. For this reason I aired my thoughts on the forum, rightly or wrongly, but it was posted in good faith by Chopchop, i.e. if you know Tony ask him to get in touch. Up until this afternoon I was of the belief that I was being scammed, for the reasons above, and for that reason i placed a winning bid on his shocks advertised on ebay, my rational being that I didn’t want anyone else to get stung. In retrospect, and with the value of hindsite not with me, I appreciate that this was wrong, but again, to me it was a well intentioned action. I have emailed tony asking him to get in touch so that I can speak to him in person re this.

yunki
    Free Member

exup goes on my personal list of folk not to deal with..

nigelb001
    Free Member

and for that reason i placed a winning bid on his shocks advertised on ebay, my rational being that I didn’t want anyone else to get stung

exup goes on my personal list of folk not to deal with..

Me too, what a jerk!

yunki
    Free Member

will you be coughing up for the shocks exup..?

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Afraid not, they will have to be second chanced.

Clobber
    Free Member

+1 nigelb001

toys19
    Free Member

Yup me too, I had a bloke do the exact same to me on another forum a few years ago. It was a month old advert, I had gone away for two weeks. He posted on my thread that he wanted it, already had my pp from a previous transaction so he paid without any reply from me, then three days later started a witch hunt. When I came back from hols, checked my emails (yes remember those days, this was only 5 years ago) and found a shit storm. I refunded him straight away, he said he wanted the headset anyway, but no way would I deal with him again.
    exupmonkey – avoid.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

But why did two people get emails saying they would be posted?

I’m confused, if I paid for something and then found out so did someone else id be pretty miffed too.

Watsup this isnt aimed at you specifically just to say I think the op and exup acted on what evidence they have.

The pinkbike ban is coincidental but wouldn’t have felt like that to me as the buyer.

DickBarton

is he related to RockonTommy?

crikey
    Free Member

All this over a few quids worth of stuff? ‘ave a word, the lot of you.

STW towers must be getting a wee bit cheesed off with all the Classified hassle, and I would guess that they see very little return from it.

I would guess the clock is ticking, and pay for access to the Classifieds is only a short while away.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Isn’t it a case of circumstances rather than cost this time.

If one has the bars and the other gets a refund then this was just one big mistake and can be forgotten no?

Shake hands and move on.

Rich
    Free Member

is he related to RockonTommy?

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 287 total)

The topic ‘Anybody know STW member Watsontony?’ is closed to new replies.