Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anybody know how to get hold of a Mod – thief about?
  • wavejumper
    Free Member

Now you try to help a man out every now and then in time of need.
    When a post like this POST 1 appears, you feel for the chap and try to help out.
    I paid £23 for some rotors and mounts in good faith. However, as soon as the money was received the seller goes underground. No response on STW or responding to emails.
    Then out of the blue I find this post POST 2 from him elsewhere on STW, not sent to me but just posted as a new post. I only found it by chance!
    Since then regular emails sent by me have been ignored.
    Need to contact a mod as this is bang out of order and plain robbery/ shouldn’t be allowed.
    It could have been more than £23 but thats not the point. Still makes me angry that people do this kind of thing. Bad form. Things like this ruin the forum and community for all of us.
    Whats to stop this guy advertising something more expensive and then disappearing?
    This dude should be banned. How do I get him banned. He hasn’t even got the decency to reply to me. 🙁
    To the OP – If the goods turn up or a refund appears then I take it all back, but it’s been a good while.

allthepies
    Free Member

jota180
    Free Member

He’s a suspected scammer
    Just try to speak with others affected and get a plan together to make life difficult for him.

The mods are only interested if you criticise his ads

lucien

OP – are you really that surprised, all the clues are in the posts….

wavejumper
    Free Member

Looking back it was a bit naive but that doesn’t make it right. I didn’t know his background and was genuinely trying to help a fellow out.

nbt

Use the “report post” link on any of the other posts in this thread, all the mods will get a mail

or as suggested post a spoiler on one of his ads

trail_rat
    Free Member

was banned off of SDH/Ride.io for similar strange behavior.

xiphon
    Free Member

If people are having difficulty contacting him, drop me an email.

Known him for about 8 years…

Dickyboy

feel for you mate but I don’t think he is a thief or scammer, just got issues (I have previously reported him & he has prev served bans)

wavejumper
    Free Member

I’ve tried email. No response.
    If he comes good with the money or goods then fine but in my book to take the money and run is theft? I’m really hoping the goods turn up then I can eat my words and he will prove me wrong.

boblo
    Free Member

PayPal gift perchance? <sigh>

bigyinn
    Free Member

Anyone notice that his account has been susended. Uh oh…..

wwaswas

I have previously reported him & he has prev served bans

it gets better… 🙁

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Sorry, but you trusted someone who started their post with; “Not a word of a lie”?

..Seriously?

Jamie
    Free Member

OP. You have been scammed. Not to kick a man when he is down, but the whole thing screamed ‘run awaaaaaay’.

eskimonumber1

Just been reading those other threads, what an utter tool!

OP, hope you get your money / rotor. Fingers crossed for you.

bigyinn
    Free Member

His grasp of english was significantly looser than his grasp of other peoples money.

atlaz
    Free Member

Maybe just ask him to hurry up and post stuff then. Or refund people.

xiphon
    Free Member

I have his mobile number….. my email is in my profile 😉

wwaswas

could you not just call him and get an explanation to put on here?

peteimpreza

“Things like this ruin the forum and community for all of us.

I quite agree but unfortunately STW Towers dont give a flying **** if anybody in the “community” gets scammmed or if there are a raft of traders using the classifieds.

Get in touch with Xiphon and see what he can do for you.

xiphon
    Free Member

I’d rather keep out of whatever dispute is between people – I’m only offering another channel of direct communication.

I know the number worked the other month…. doubt he’s changed it.

plyphon
    Free Member

Never send as paypal gift, issue solved.

tinybits
    Free Member

I think you’re totally right not to become a middleman. On here, we certainly practice ‘shoot the messenger’!

Mark

Pete, that’s total cobblers and I actually think you know it. In fact you are almost trolling. You are certainly being disingenuous and frankly insulting.

Notice how little we care in that a) we allow you to say that. And b) we read it and respond.

This guy has already been dealt with by us. His account is banned. I did that right after I emailed two traders explaining why they are also banned. One user was accused of trading. He replied and explained his situation and after a clarification as to where he went wrong (profiteering) his account has been reactivated and he’s repriced his ad.

This is typical moderation activity that goes on hour by hour, day by day, week after week, by volunteer and paid staff in order to allow you to use it at no cost. So how about you give the ‘they don’t care’ bleating a rest eh?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ooooo?
    Sometime the wingers need addressing

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anybody know how to get hold of a Mod – thief about?’ is closed to new replies.