Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anybody know any good riding around Bodmin/St Austell in Cornwall?
  • chillibeer
    Free Member

I'm off to Cornwall for a week and have every intention of getting a few rides in but all I seem to find in guides are easy touristy type trails.

Are there any Cornish locals out there who can point me in the direction of some decent mountain biking?

Cheers

snaps
    Free Member

Not a huge amount I'm afraid, Good stuff on the coast path but cheeky & not recommended this time of year, Bodmin moor looks like it has potential but on the ground there's very little, if 4X bike park type stuff is your thing try http://www.the-track.co.uk/ otherwise best heading to Dartmoor.

julianwilson
    Free Member

my wife went for an organised girly ride around Minions: she said it was mix of quarry silliness and old skool xc.

Similarly semi-cheeky unmarked stuff around Poldice Valley

you could also buy a day pass(£5) and pop across the river to hurt yourself at Gawton downhill wonderland. Two of the tracks are pretty full on downhill and the third is more like a hard-ish trail centre with jumps and chicken lines.

chillibeer
    Free Member

Thank you all for your assitance. I will get out my maps and plan a ride or two.

Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anybody know any good riding around Bodmin/St Austell in Cornwall?’ is closed to new replies.