Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody in or near Sunderland?
  • dickydutch

Just moved to the area from Newcastle. Not found any decent riding for after work that doesn't involve a drive. If anybodys willing to be a guide for a night, or to let me tag along on a local loop, or needs a riding buddy, id be massivley in debt! Starting to get fed up of road riding on my own!!

Thanks in advance.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Ah Sunderland…that takes me back. Let me think…it's been seven years since I lived there so my knowledge is probably somewhat out of date but as I recall we used to use the path alongside the river as a way in and out of town (I seem to recall getting on and off it via a little path by the bridge near the glass centre). There were some good XC type trails around Penshawe Monument and Beamish is well within striking distance which was always good fun. I can also remember riding along the cliff tops towards south shields before turning inland on some little used trails…

Hope that's of some help to you!

dickydutch

Thats excellent. Thanks for that. I take it you've long since moved away then!?

dickydutch

morning bump….
    shamless I know.

iamtheresurrection

Down the coast through Whitburn and play in Marsden Quarry or Cleadon Hills – you can put some decent loops in around there. Wear path southside from Vickers up to Fatfield with loops off, or onwards to Durham.

Some technical little bits around Tunstall Hill. Coastal path down to Seaham too.

I'm not local anymore, or I'd show you. Neither Newcastle or Sunderland an offroad Mecca 😉

younggeoff

Along the Wear from Hylton and up to Penshaw, a little buit around Tunstall and Rocky Hill there's not a lot of technical stuff in Sunderland unless it's changed recently.

You can go along the coast as the previous poster says.

For cracking single track get yourself along to the Shepherd and Shepherddess at Beamish on a wednesday night at 7pm and go for a ride with the oddsox. Great bunch and they have a lot of knowledge of trails round the area.

contact details at http://www.beamishoddsox.co.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody in or near Sunderland?’ is closed to new replies.