Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anybody here use Whatsapp?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Been offline for a bit due to moving but I’m now in Spain, which might have something to do with it, but…

I’ve got the Whatsapp, er, app but all it does is show me the page with “Uninstall” and “Open” buttons and when I click on “Open”, it just goes blank screen and return me to the same place.

Whatsup? Widdat? Eh? 🙁

GrahamS

Yeah use it all the time on iPhone.

Nothing like what you describe though. You sure it is the genuine app and not some dodgy clone?

tomhoward

Use it more than texting now. No issues.

Merak

Use it for sexting, no issues.

tails
    Free Member

Unload it and reload it from the App Store. Is your phone software out of date with the WhatsApp software?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I use mine to contact mates all over the world, it’s our best way of chatting without “chatting” also great for pics.

No issues with the app, try delete and reinstall ??

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

use it for dick pics, plenty of issues

sc-xc

Use it for their ^ dick pics. Plenty of tissues.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Been using it for years now, didn’t send an SMS for years until the wife got CarPlay, Apple won’t allow WhatsApp via CarPlay.

Got family and friends all over the world it’s a god send.

bruneep

use it all the time for friends and family apart from my mother who will only use sms and insists on using text speak 🙄

like using whatsapp on web app so I can chat whilst appearing to be working

geoffj

Does your mobile number still work in Spain? You may need to re-register with a Spanish sim if it doesn’t as WhatsApp still has to have a mobile number assigned to it AFAIK

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fabulous app, much better than Apple’s message app. Use it for both international and uk messaging. My only minor gripe is that unlike iMessage I can’t share message conversations over multiple devices.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I love it, but it can get a bit tiring when it’s used for work group chats night and day.

Also, fed up with howsyourdads dick pics. Mix it up a bit man, use bows or other props ffs.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I use the call function quite a lot actually. Phone reception at home is marginal so being able to reliably voip anyone (with the app) is usefull.

somafunk

My mum uses it, she tried to get me to use it but I can’t see the point of it as In the past week I’ve only sent three txt messages in total.

My 63yr old mum is more clued up than I am 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

Use WhatsApp for calls, text messages and pic messages. Must save me about £20 a month compared to what I used to pay to get all those inclusive minutes/texts when I was on a contract. PAYG now thanks to this app, paying about £4 a month on average.

bikebouy
    Free Member

One issue with whatsapp is it copies pics and messages, so if you use it a lot you may have to clear it down. Save important stuff, delete the rest.

Kryton57

There’s a setting to turn that off BikeBouy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ this, it is a memory hog if you leave it. Note also there is an option to save to “camera roll” which I think doubles the usage !!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anybody here use Whatsapp?’ is closed to new replies.