Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anybody had any event T Shirts printed?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Any experiences about who is good and who is bad?

Ta.

wwaswas

Might be worth contacting Morvelo – they did the Brighton big dog one and could handle design for you too?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Couple of tips:

Don't do something with 'Hit the North 2010' on or similar; the t-shirt then becomes dated and looks a bit shit next year etc.

Don't do something with thousands of sponsors' logos all over it; looks confusing and messy.

Just a simple logo, done in a way so it looks 'cool'. Nice colours, Decent quality fabric. Something that someone would wear in a range of situations, not just at a bike event.

Don't make it tooo bikey, or it becomes a bit 'trainspottery', you know?

Something a person would happily wear, like they would something they'd go down the pub/to a club in.

Avoid the 'given free with entry' type cheapo tatty affair.

'Oh but I paid £4 for entry, and got a free t-shirt'

Yes, but you also wear shiny running shorts (they had a pant liner, but it perished), and you smell a little bit funny…

nbt

Bikey shirts or just plain old t-shirts? If the latter, we can recommend someone fairly local

mike_check
    Free Member

Talkemada – Member

Couple of tips:

Don't do something with 'Hit the North 2010' on or similar; the t-shirt then becomes dated and looks a bit shit next year etc.

I'd disagree with that slightly for an event shirt. The whole purpose of it is to commemorate the event. I have loads from when I used to do road running and my old man can layout London Marathon T-Shirts from 1983-present with each year displayed, good to look back on, funny to see the changes indesign as well.

Obviously you also want to design it well, but it's commemorative rather than cutting edge fashion IMO

spokebloke
    Free Member

At the risk of advertising – that's what we do.
    Email in profile.

Talkemada
    Free Member

The whole purpose of it is to commemorate the event

Yes, that's fair enough. Sometimes, that works. I think the event needs to have some sort of cool or cult status mind; 'Oddmorden 20k Fell Race 2010' isn't really in the same league as the London marathon!

I think it's tricky to incorporate the date, and have a 'cool' iconic garment. But I definitely think 'less is more' with these sort of things. Innocent Smoothies had a range of very simple, colourful Ts with just the word 'innocent' on them. Looked really good on cute girls!

I'm more with the simple logo on a colourful background sort of idea. I think it is perhaps more effective in promoting a brand. it's difficult to incorporate complex/elaborate images into an effective t-shirt design, imo.

Harry_the_Spider

spokebloke – Member

I'll be in touch.

firestarter
    Free Member

give gil @ the cycle shed a shout his shirts are quality

thomthumb
    Free Member

speak to WCA the big bike bash t shirt on organic cotton is the nicest t shirt i've ever owned!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anybody had any event T Shirts printed?’ is closed to new replies.