Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Anybody got/had a BMW F650 or G650?
  • anagallis_arvensis

I use Avon roadriders a rear will do 10k fronts more. about £170 for the pair fitted I think

anagallis_arvensis

Its not this clean anymore!

a trip to Wales with the Old Man

Euro
    Free Member

If you’re considering the older funduro, then what about the Aprilia Pegaso from around the same era? Faster (only a bit mind), more nimble, better looking,better sounding and better built. The electrics were a bit sensitive to weather but there was room in the boot for a couple of spare bulbs. It’s not Japanese and in this colour scheme it was invisible to cops 😆

Also worth considering that if you want fun, you wont be getting 70mpg.

P.s. My money would be the afore mentioned XT Yam or a Honda Dominator

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I looked at the aprilia but they have a few serious faults that stop me buying one. No ABS (on most at least) totally rules them out for a start, then there’s the ledendarily patchy Aprilia parts availability. No thanks.
    Again, most of the Jap bikes have no ABS.
    I had a goooooood look around and those BMWs seem top value. They nearly all have ABS and heated grips, there’s loads of accessories available should I want them and I’ve got one of the best BMW dealers in the UK a short ride away (Bahnstormer Alton) I can get a low miler still under warranty and looking brand new for my budget.
    It’s a no brainier really.

konabunny
    Free Member

Euro – I recently got rid of a Dominator. I think they would be a bit too old given OP’s OP. I was looking recently at the Aprilia Pegaso and they get an absolute pasting online.

In fact, is that Aprilia you posted above a Dominator clone rather than a f650 clone? They look very similar!

lexinoo
    Free Member

Why not one of the Yamaha xt660s like someone mentioned?,just wondering like as i have been considering the same kind of bikes and a yam is near the top of my list.I want something that will be fairly decent off road though as i already have a street triple for faster road rides.I have also considered drz400 which might not have the legs on the bigger roads for your needs??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why not one of the Yamaha xt660s like someone mentioned?,

70mpg and ABS for £4k? If so I’ll consider it.

I went and had a quick look at a G650 and the Sertao version today. The Sertao is too tall and unnecessary for me but the standard bike kooks nice. Very neatly designed, and a nice looking bike in red.

weeksy

I have an XT660x, it’s my 4th one.

very easy to make them a little quicker/more powerful

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Don’t want quicker and more powerful thanks. I want ABS and 70mpg 🙂
    A quick look at the Yam suggests no ABS and only in the 50s mpg. And it’s a bit heavier than the BMW and the seat is nearly 4 inches higher. Which could be good or bad. Dunno.
    That said if forgotten about the MT01 and 03. They look cool. I’ll have a look at those. 🙂

weeksy

MT-03 really really felt horrific…. I rode one and hated it.. but then again I rode a standard XT660x and wasn’t keen either.

MPG seems to be up in the 60’s but I don’t know of people getting 70+

http://www.xt660.com/index.php

Massive amount of info on there.

failedengineer

If looks are in any way important, that XT looks about a thousand times nicer than the BMW (or any BMW, come to think of it, except maybe an R1200R Classic).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My dad’s got a Sertao.

+ Reguarly does day/weekend/week tours of Scotland on it from Derby, so it can’t be that bad on the motorways! But also did the same on a Bullet 350 (and a 500 or two), so masochism may be playing a part!

– There was some commmon fault that stopped the engine barely a week after he bought it. Fixed under warrenty, but I’d look for one thats been fixed.

If you wait a while he’ll sell it as he the Hora of the motorbike world. The BMW will be too reliable, too tall, or too comfortable and he’ll want another 200cc 1940’s vellocette trials bike* with air sprung forks for touring on. Or someting equaly daft.

*last seen with its equally nutjob new owner heading for the Austrian Alps.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

TINAS – Thanks for the info 🙂
    Let me know if it comes up for sale soon eh?

So anyway. I had to nip out and there’s a Yamaha dealer in town so I went in. They have a nice used MT03 for £3700 and an XT660. The XT is MAHOOSIVE!!! I don’t think I’d get my feet on the floor TBH. I don’t need a bike that’s actually designed for the Paris-Dakar so I’ll give those a miss thanks. The MT03 is lovely. Small, short, funky, cool. But ABS isn’t and option so that’s rules that out. They’ve got a 650 VStrom in too with ABS but it looks really ropey and hasn’t worn its miles well at all. It’d be a pile of rust by the time I finished with it. No thanks. And none of those bikes will even top 60mpg, never mind 70.

This is the thing, in my book. The Japs have fallen behind the Europeans. The bikes aren’t as well finished, and they lack the spec and value. So far there hasn’t been one suggestion on this thread of a bike that gets close to the G650GS. I cannot for the like of we work out why everyone thinks I should get something else either. The BMW fits the bill perfectly. As long as I can get a nice long test ride (half a day at least) and it proves to have some flickability and a nice low down punchy engine as I expect I think I’ll have one next year. 🙂
    U
    Oh, the Yams would cost me a fair bit more to run as well. Bigger tyres that wear faster work out to cost me £150 more a year and fuel at 55mpg would be another £300 against the BMW.
    Yep. I’m budgeting for 250 miles a week, 12,000 miles a year.
    I could almost justify buying new for that but a 1-2 year old bike with low miles would turn into a 4 year old bike with 25-30,000 miles on it and save money, so that’s more sensible I think.

deviant
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    And none of those bikes will even top 60mpg, never mind 70.

This is the thing, in my book. The Japs have fallen behind the Europeans. The bikes aren’t as well finished, and they lack the spec and value. So far there hasn’t been one suggestion on this thread of a bike that gets close to the G650GS. I cannot for the like of we work out why everyone thinks I should get something else either.

You clearly have your heart set on the BMW so get that.

Personally i want the most reliability from my bikes so i still buy Japanese, the european brands have got better but they still lag behind….Ducati, Triumph, BMW etc are very good at putting braided brake lines, radial brakes and other baubles on their bikes, its easy to get blinded by this.

In terms of fit and finish look underneath a couple of cars that are a few years old, pick a BMW for example and a Honda….both will be caked in crap and corroded, its what happens to metal objects when exposed to the elements and not cleaned….the european brands havent perfected some magical anti corrosion material to build their bikes from….neglect any bike and it will corrode whether you own a BMW or a Suzuki.

The best built bike i had was a 2007 Kawasaki, i put 16,000 miles on it in 18 months and rode it through all weather, i would cover it in WD40 or ACF50 (whichever i had to hand) and ride it all year round….after a quick jet wash it always came up like new.

In terms of MPG i believe the KTM single 690cc engine is currently the most economical machine BIKE magazine have tested and plenty of bikes will give great MPG, its not a BMW thing….my 2010 Suzuki GSXR-750 would return 50mpg if ridden like a commuter and not a sportsbike.

The new parallel twin from Honda (NC700?) is listed as 79mpg by the manufacturer, in the test by the Telegraph newspaper the rider thrashed it and included several top speed runs during his time with the bike and saw 64mpg, he concluded that normal riding would easily see the bike getting 70mpg.

Price is a big issue for a lot of us and the european brands struggle to compete, my current bike is a Yamaha FZ800 which was £5,999 new, try to find a similar engine/size bike from a european manufacturer for that money….for 6k you should be able to find a 696 Ducati Monster (lol) which a mate owned and was about as exciting as watching paint dry….my 2010 GSXR-750 was 8k, the equivalent 848 Ducati is 10k+….my 2008 FZ1000 was 7k, the equivalent Triumh Speed Triple is a 10k bike etc etc….

….until european manufacturers can bring their reliability up to Honda levels of excellence then i continue to be unimpressed by the likes of Aprilia, MV, BMW etc etc….overpriced tat in my opinion.

weeksy

What’s with the need for ABS?

Great post Deviant. Fwiw my best bike for build quality was a KTM Superduke, had 50,000 on clocks and looked great. They do I have character though.

sobriety
    Free Member

Honda levels of excellence

If he wanted that he could just buy a sewing machine. In grey.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You clearly have your heart set on the BMW so get that.

Well, it just fits the bill best 🙂 But yes, you’re right. I’d made my mind up before I posted the OP, and since then most of you have ignored the question and answered another question you all made up in your own heads.

Personally i want the most reliability from my bikes so i still buy Japanese, the european brands have got better but they still lag behind….Ducati, Triumph, BMW etc are very good at putting braided brake lines, radial brakes and other baubles on their bikes, its easy to get blinded by this.

Not so. The only bike I’ve ever had to take back under warranty was a Honda. I’ve had 10 years of European bikes (Triumph, 2 x Ducati, Vespa, Piaggio, Gilera) and they’ve all been perfect. It’s easy to be blinded by Japanese ‘reliability’ too. 🙂

6k you should be able to find a 696 Ducati Monster (lol) which a mate owned and was about as exciting as watching paint dry.

You know diddly squat mate 🙂
    I had open of those from new in 2008 and it was by faaaar the most fun bike I’ve ever had. I loved that bike. To this day I regret selling it and I still look at them on eBay etc. I’d have another over and above EVERY other bike I’ve ever ridden like a shot….. It made me laugh out loud and realise that power isn’t everything unless you’re short in the trouser department.
    But ABS ones are rare and pricy, I wouldn’t want to ruin one commuting on it and they aren’t cheap to service when it comes to belts time. A Ducati isn’t for commuting in winter, and we have an ST3s for the summer.

the equivalent Triumh Speed Triple is a 10k bike etc etc….

I’ve had one of those too. Did 32,000 mlies on it. Would you like to inform me about them as well?

What’s with the need for ABS?

Really? You have to ask?
    Unless you’re Marc Marquez or Valentino Rossi ABS can do stuff you can’t.
    I’ll tell you right now, feeling it in action at 60mph when someone pulls out in front of you, and you just brake to a stop with no drama convinced me once and for all. Early in my motorcycling career I was ambulanced to A&E after going down on the brakes in the wet. Never again.
    And for a bike that will be used almost solely for commuting in heavy traffic _all_year_round_ can you honestly say I’d be better without it?
    Sheesh….
    🙄

weeksy

I’m not saying you would be better without it, however I’ve had anyone pull out on me in the last 10 years, let alone one that made me crash. I just don’t see the need for ABS, I’m sure it works, but have yet to require it.

You’re reading things into my words that I’ve not written

anagallis_arvensis

PP let me know what sort of deal Bahnstormers make I might b looking at similar when my current bike dies. The other bike I may consider is the new Honda CB500X. Doubt you will find any used ones yet.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I just don’t see the need for ABS

**is baffled by statement**

I’m sure it works, but have yet to require it.

But when you DO, you won’t have it. Okayyyyyyyyyyy………

There’s two types of safety, in cars and bikes.
    Passive
    Active

Passive safety is basically ’emergency equipment’: Airbags, side protection etc in cars, leathers, boots, helmets, armour etc on bikes. (Motorcycle clothing has a dual purpose, I realise that)

These items come into play once the accident has already happened, to save our sorry asses

Active safety is stuff that stops you having an accident in the first place: From the basic handling and grip of the vehicle, the skill of the driver/rider and stuff like traction control, ABS, EBD etc.
    So, I bet you WEAR protection in case you crash (You gotta be a halfwit not to) which is why I’m baffled by your stance on ABS… Unless, of course, you really are as good as Vale and Marc….. Or think you are.

I seriously think ABS should be mandatory on all road going motorbikes ASAP, as I think it will be one day just as helmets are now. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP let me know what sort of deal Bahnstormers make I

Will do, but I’ll be buying used, and I’ll probably have to sell the X10 privately for maximum £££ and I might buy privately too. Dunno. We’ll see. It’ll be the new year before I do anything anyway. 🙂

weeksy

If I were to worry about every possible crash that may never happen, I’d never ride my bike.

I’ve coped on the road, on track days and racing without it, I’m thinking I will survive a bit longer yet.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If I were to worry about every possible crash that may never happen, I’d never ride my bike.

**is still baffled by stance**
    I seriously don’t understand you. You can have something on your bike that can do stuff with the brakes that you cannot. Simple. Is it a macho thing?

I’ve coped on the road, on track days and racing without it, I’m thinking I will survive a bit longer yet.

Ahh now I do. So you are better than me. Fine. It is a macho thing.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

But I’m still baffled why you think I shouldn’t have ABS. It’s what I want. I won’t buy a bike without it.
    Can we all get over that now, and if you want to suggest another bike then please check if it has ABS before you post to save me the time?
    Thanks!
    🙂

weeksy

I never said you shouldn’t, I just asked why it was essential. Its no big thing, your bike your choice.

You’re still reading things i’m not writing so i’m done in here.

Good luck and enjoy new bike

allthegear
    Free Member

😯 Trying to imagine buying a bike without ABS. Damn – I use the ABS in the car often, why would I want to slide the bike???

Rachel

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You’re still reading things i’m not writing so i’m done in here.

Thank god for that. 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

In fact, is that Aprilia you posted above a Dominator clone rather than a f650 clone? They look very similar!

Dakar chic baby! You’re right, that model looked like very similar to the Dommie/Transalp/Tenere of the same era. The Funduro came about a couple of years later and was a copy of the Pegaso (even shared the same engine) only with BM’s unique styling. Parts wise i only ever needed chains, sprockets and tyres (mostly rears 😆 ) and lots of bulbs, but my mate with a Funduro practically replaced everything bar the engine on his. Fair play to BM as they fixed everything without too much hassle (his mate worked in the dearship though). The newer Pegasos maybe weren’t as good (they went more practical to compete with the BM) but with the hinernet, getting aftermarket bits wouldn’t be a problem. They are a bit long in the tooth now-a-days though and probably not a very good suggestion for the OP if choosing with your head. Riding one with twin stainless steel cans around lumpy, twisty back roads (or that big tunnel in Wales i went through 5 times in a row 😛 ) and you’d be hard to beat it for the money. Not the fastest by any means, but the closest motorbike i had to a bmx.

I’m with weeksy re: ABS, never once couldn’t stop in time on any bike i’ve had (bar the odd trackday hairpin mishap) but if PP wants it, then it’s up to him. It’s not a macho thing either. ABS on bikes came about when bikes became really popular in the mid-late nineties and fast bikes were bought by people who didn’t have the experience to ride, or stop them. It certianly wont stop you crashing and not essential imo, especially with modern tyres. But again, not my call.

That looks like a stupidly loud, uncomfortable, wheelie monster. Love it!!! 8)

Euro
    Free Member

too slow to edit but..

PP, whatever bike you get, take it somewhere relatively safe (trackday, airfield etc) and it’s thrash the shit out of it. Learn how fast it’ll accelerate, brake and corner – both in wet and dry conditions. As long as you’re smooth (especially in the wet) you’ll be amazed just how far you can push them. It’ll increase your confidence on the road and make you safer than relying on some safety gizmo. Apologies if you already do this 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Or maybe just ride on the road and plan ahead. No need to be a track day god.
    Oh and the early Pegaso and Funduros are the same bikes just different badges not just same engines.

Euro
    Free Member

No need to be a track day god, i sure as hell wasn’t, but if you give it a go, you might see what i mean. You can still plan ahead and have a bit more confidence in your, and your bikes ability.

Re: the Early Pegaso/BM. Frame, swinging arm, exhaust, wheels, bodywork, controls, electrics/lights, forks, shock, seat, footrests, tyres…all different. The engine was the same lump (Rotax 650 single) but the Aprilia had a slighlty different tune. The bars may have been the same. The 3nd gen Pegaso was probably very similar, but i never owned and dismantled one of those.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP, whatever bike you get, take it somewhere relatively safe (trackday, airfield etc) and it’s thrash the shit out of it. Learn how fast it’ll accelerate, brake and corner – both in wet and dry conditions. As long as you’re smooth (especially in the wet) you’ll be amazed just how far you can push them. It’ll increase your confidence on the road and make you safer than relying on some safety gizmo. Apologies if you already do this

Firstly – 🙂

I’m not RELYING on it. I’m just sensible enough to realise the benefits off something that stops the brakes locking in a way a human brain can’t. That’s all. I realise ABS is a dirty word to macho British bikers who think they won’t ever make a mistake, grab the front brake and go down like a sack of shit. Believe me, one day you might well do just that. I have. My wife has. We both ride both bikes.
    FWIW I’ve done a track day at Donnington in the piss pouring rain. I’ve been riding about 17 years without a break and last time I totted it up I’d done about 120,000 miles on all sorts of bikes from a CG125 upwards. I’ve done all sorts of advanced training, I’m an IAM member. I’ve had big fast bikes and little light ones. Big fast bikes are great. Little light ones are fun. IMO of course. 🙂
    But I’m not infallible and neither is anyone else. And I’m sensible enough to know that. I’ve lost the front 3 times. I know at least 2 of those ABS would have kept me upright. I’m not a track day god, I admit to it. And I’m about to up my commute to 50 miles a day in heavy traffic, all year round. When was the last time you rode home in the snow? I’ve had 3 bikes with ABS and used it in anger once and I won’t be buying a bike without it. How is that so hard to understand? Why is everyone arguing the toss all the time about it? I think it’s because it gets in the way everyone telling me to get the bike they like to validate their choice over mine. Close to the mark am I? 🙂
    I started this thread to ask about a certain bike, I know what I want. I know why I want it. I’m hoping it might be the right combination of good value, fun and frugality. I don’t need suggestions on other bikes thanks*. I Need to hear from owners of said bike and everything those have said who have answered the question I’ve taken in and read, and I’m thankful for it. 🙂

*i looked at the Honda NC700. 218kg it weighs. That’s more the moon. Well, more than our Ducati and around 42kg more then the GS. And it has less power than the BMW. I also subscribe to BIKE magazine. I’ve read the review on them. I’ve discounted it, shall we say.

weeksy

You do grasp this is a discussion forum and what starts out as a “shall I have toast or cereal” won’t necessarily remain on the toast/cereal debate for long.

If you don’t want to discuss things, then just make up your own mind.

Or….

Ask motorbike questions on motorbike forums 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

I’m not RELYING on it. I’m just sensible enough to realise the benefits off something that stops the brakes locking in a way a human brain can’t. That’s all. I realise ABS is a dirty word to macho British bikers who think they won’t ever make a mistake, grab the front brake and go down like a sack of shit. Believe me, one day you might well do just that. I have. My wife has. We both ride both bikes.
    FWIW I’ve done a track day at Donnington in the piss pouring rain. I’ve been riding about 17 years without a break and last time I totted it up I’d done about 120,000 miles on all sorts of bikes from a CG125 upwards. I’ve done all sorts of advanced training, I’m an IAM member. I’ve had big fast bikes and little light ones. Big fast bikes are great. Little light ones are fun. IMO of course.
    But I’m not infallible and neither is anyone else. And I’m sensible enough to know that. I’ve lost the front 3 times. I know at least 2 of those ABS would have kept me upright. I’m not a track day god, I admit to it. And I’m about to up my commute to 50 miles a day in heavy traffic, all year round. When was the last time you rode home in the snow? I’ve had 3 bikes with ABS and used it in anger once and I won’t be buying a bike without it. How is that so hard to understand? Why is everyone arguing the toss all the time about it? I think it’s because it gets in the way everyone telling me to get the bike they like to validate their choice over mine. Close to the mark am I?
    I started this thread to ask about a certain bike, I know what I want. I know why I want it. I’m hoping it might be the right combination of good value, fun and frugality. I don’t need suggestions on other bikes thanks*. I Need to hear from owners of said bike and everything those have said who have answered the question I’ve taken in and read, and I’m thankful for it.

So you’ve misjudged your bikes braking ability 3 times and crashed on cat food (IAM)? I don’t see how ABS would have helped 😀

See how easy it is to misinterpret something?

Funnily enough I too have had three crashes. First two times i rode a bike i crashed. Firstly into a stream at the bottom of my mates street (his bike). Again on his bike (a different one) ’cause i thought i was Steve McQueen and jumped a bridge, lost it when i landed and hit a tree. And finally on holiday in Greece seeing how far i could lean a rented scrambler over on hot sticky mountain roads (pretty bloody far actually). Luckily i had my protective flip-flops and shorts on 😀

There’s a differently mentality to riding bikes over here – ‘brains out’* road riding is our national sport and i’ll be the first to admit i was a bit hooligan at times. I’m strangely proud of the fact that i never crashed a bike i actually owned, but looking back i realise it’s was equally down to luck as much as skill. Some of my riding buddies weren’t so fortunate 😥 Since my second child came along i stopped riding and took up mtb. Some day i’ll be back but not until they’re all grown up. My bike will probably have ABS.

* it looks like that to the observer, but it’s really not. I only knew of a few guys that i’d consider dangerous and they were weapons grade lunatics.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So anyway, there’s a used G650 in Husky Sport motorcycles near Winchester so having drawn a blank at BMW dealers I nipped down to have a look
    They also had the Husky equivalent in (SX650 is it? Can’t remember now) which is the same frame, engine and wheels with more power and different bodywork. Had a nice long chat with the very helpful guy there and got to compare the two directly. The Husky is a lot more pared down, with a slimmer, higher seat and you sit on top of it. It feels rather single minded and has the look of something a bit special. I didn’t like the white colour but I was very taken with it. If I wanted a pure fun bike that would be second on the list after the Nuda he also had in. I lurrrve Nudas. Probably the most bonkers bike I’ve ever set eyes on. Fantastic things. But I can’t afforded one so that’s by the by.
    Comparing the Husky to the BMW was interesting. The BM looks and feels less special, less serious if you will. And you sit IN it not ON it. The seat is lovely and plush and I can see how people tour the world on them. It’s lower too, and has more bodywork around the knees and a half decent screen and nice instrumentation where the Huskys dash looked small and a bit cheap. They’re both (no surprise) vitually the same weight but the BMW seems to carry it lower and was noticeably easier to get off the side stand. As it was lower it felt more manageable although that could have been an illusion. Dunno. The riding position was more ‘comfy touring’ than ‘fun scratcher’ like the Husky. I was actually pleasantly surprised the BMW seemed to fit like a glove.
    Also the BMW seemed more substantial. Again, this could be an illusion, but it felt better made and more ‘together’ than the Husky which felt slightly flimsy in that sort of ‘I’m a bit special’ way.

So, if I was buying a bike purely for fun the Husky would edge it I think (the Nuda is streets ahead though!) but agiain, like a Ducati, I would feel a tad guilty running it all year and ruining it. The BMW feels like it would stand the miles a bit better, be more comfortable and more practical. Hopefully it’s not as dull as my X10 but I’ll go test ride one in the new year I think. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, well documented and fixed by new decompressor and/or camshafts. I’m well aware of it and would test for it on a test ride of a used bike.
    Thanks though 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So. Anyway. How wrong can you be!

I rode 60 miles to Oxford BMW to test ride a GS with the full intention of buying one there and then and riding it home if possible.
    I did indeed have a test ride. The bike was very good in some areas: Handling spot on, nice and light and flickable with taut suspension and good brakes. Riding position was good, nice and high up, and the bike felt well made. But the engine was like a bag of smashed hatchets. Very rough and buzzy and sounded horrible. Quick enough, and it pulled well but not with a wallop of low down torque like I expected, and it really really needed another gear as it was revving quite high at 70mph
    That said, I would have still have bought it had I not been utterly insulted with the appalling PX deal I was offered on my X10. They just weren’t interested in doing a deal. So I told them that I fully intended to buy the bike there and then, but was very disappointed and would be buying another I’d seen on my way home (true, I had seen one and been offered a fair deal on it)
    But as I rode off in the direction of the other one I dropped off to see some ex colleagues and whist I was there I oddly decided to ring the Honda dealer near home and see what they had that I could test ride.
    Long story short, I test rode the new CB500X (traillie style) and the very new NC750X (traillie style again)
    I used to have a CB500s years ago and the new ones are quite a bit down on that ones power but it was a lovely, peppy little bike with instant response, a smooth and willing little engine. I loved it. The NC750 was very very similar. Slightly more solid, larger, a bit smoother and quiter, with a slow revving engine that pulled from zilch and blatted around in an amusing fashion.
    There was little to split the two. Given a free choice I’d have had the CB500X as it was lighter and revvier, but they’re a new model and I would have had to buy a new one. But they had a 10 month old NC700X in red on the showroom floor for £800 less than a new 500X and they offered me a reasonable PX on the X10 against it, so I bought it. The price to change was £200 less that I was prepared to pay for the BMW.
    I’ll be picking the H
    onda up in the new year.

So there you go. I was wrong.
    But a test ride on a decent bike and a decent salesman won me over. 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

Interested in how you get on with the NX. It’s not without its reputation but seems to be seriously economical. Main gripe seems to be changing gear necessitated frequently, how did you find it?

Must admit the helmet storage system looks ace!

I also like the look of the CB, but it’s seems to have a very expensive first service (needs valves checked)….

Very Jazzy…. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Anybody got/had a BMW F650 or G650?’ is closed to new replies.