Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anybody got ppv?
  • swiss01
    Free Member

got condensation in the house. chat is that a positive pressure ventilation unit will sort it out. never seen one of these. anyone got one and does it work?

also, quote for work seems a bit excessive – easy to fit?

footflaps

A dehumidifier might be a lot simpler / cheaper…

swiss01
    Free Member

you’d think, but no

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

Yup we use these at work

swiss01
    Free Member

that’ll look good on the stairs and i’m betting is quiet enough not to stop me sleeping. excellent!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Condensation is due to a couple of things, damp environment, ie, a house with occupants living in it. That’s unavoidable really unless you all stop cooking and breathing. It’s also to do with the temperature difference between inside and outside.

If there is a lack of ventilation, condensation will be seen, open windows for more ventilation, as mad as that seems in winter.

If condensation is on the walls, chances are the due point is occurring at the wrong point in the wall, that’s bad news by the way because the due point needs to happen within the external skin of brickwork and not before. I can’t remember my Building Services stuff from college but it’s simple enough to calculate if you know the make up of the wall.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anybody got ppv?’ is closed to new replies.