Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anybody got one of these new Pace BB's?
  • Vortexracing

Need a new external BB for my XT chainset on the Cotic.

I have been looking at these Pace ones, cheaper than Chris King, but still with the ability to grease them.

Anybody got one?

or am I better off getting a King one?

if so where is the cheapest place for a CK BB?

Ta

Chuck

peteimpreza

Aspirevelotech for all things CK

Whyte1
    Free Member

have a look through recent posts but it seems that people have had a bit of trouble with the CK bb's . Hope ceramic bb's are the way to go for sure .

Vortexracing

after doing a bit of surfing ont tinterweb I'm now completely unsure. Because sideways cycles have these loverly Phil Wood OBB's in stock for £85.

aaaahhhh

Nothing wrong with these.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Those Phil Wood BBs have special "waterproof" grease in them too.
    Complete cobblers!

singlespeedstu

Whyte1 – Member

have a look through recent posts but it seems that people have had a bit of trouble with the CK bb's . Hope ceramic bb's are the way to go for sure .

Translation.
    One person has had a problem with a king bb and the UK importer has been a bit of an arse. But they've not been refused any warranty by CK themselfs.

How many folks have had problems with Hope BB's?

More than one thats for sure…

singlespeedstu
    ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Do they do Hope BB's in white Mr Pimp?

willsimmons
    Free Member

Just to stick in my two pennence worth I've had a CK BB for about 16 months and it has been totally faultless. I've not greased it either. Its been in constant use throughout the time I've had it and it has by far been my longest serving external BB. Couldn't recommend it more and they are worth the initial outlay.

No experience of the Pace one but having had my fingers burnt by Pace products before I'd be wary of buying anything from them – even if it is just some bearings with a Pace badge on.

woody2000

I've got the Pace one (not fitted it yet) but my thinking was the same Chucky, the ability to easily regrease the bearings was appealing. They are Enduro bearings so no need for the top hats.

Northwind

£19 for an XT one? If that's too cheap you could spend £50 for a Shimano one and it'll come with a free set of cranks.

Vortexracing

£19 for an XT one

where? linky please

Northwind

Ah, no, I misread it, that's for a Deore BB-50B rather than XT, sorry. Still good value though.

Vortexracing

Thought that was cheap

Northwind

So did I 😳 Just thought "Ah well, Ebay".

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anybody got one of these new Pace BB's?’ is closed to new replies.