Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anybody got a pair of Lake MX236C shoes…
  • davetrave
    Free Member

…the ones that were tested in the mag recently? Would you care to comment on them (opening up to sarky repsonses there…)? Thank you…

What are the soles like? Is the outsole a decent soft rubber compound, like the Contagrip on Mavics, that actually offers some grip or is it just moulded plastic like most other shoes?

How do you find the fitting with the Boa laces? Comfy and even pressure?

I’ve got a pair of their CX235C road shoes that are very comfy and in standard sizes aren’t like most bike shoes that I find too narrow so was looking at these as my next pair of racy MTB shoes…

MSP

I recently bought, the cx236 shoes, the boa system is excellent and having the dial behind the heal really helps keep the heel in place, and the carbon sole is good and stiff.

From what I can see, the mx236 is the same sole with spd fitting and rubber tread moulded onto the carbon sole, I have some lake winter boots and the tread on them is a good grippy rubber, the pictures of the mx236 make it look very similar, I certainly don”t think its the same special “bambi on ice” type sole material used by sidi, but can”t say for sure that it is the same as my winter boots.

MSP

ps: I will definitely be buying the mx236 for next spring when money is available.

davetrave
    Free Member

Ta, very helpful. I would go out and look at a pair in the shops, or at least another model of their MTB shoes, to get an idea but they don’t seem to be very widely available in bricks and mortar shops.

mudpup
    Free Member

I have.
    They are the same fit as the road version in terms of width.
    The sole is grippy rubber.
    They are not the same fit as the other MTB shoes like the MX85 or MX170.
    SprocketsUK are a great online supplier with a good returns policy – run by a great rider rather than a corporate giant. Try them.
    They are also going up 20 quid for 2012 – get them now (i work for the importer so theres a heads up for you)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anybody got a pair of Lake MX236C shoes…’ is closed to new replies.