Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anybody got a De Rosa Milanino road frameset and does it…..
  • doodlebug
    Free Member

Have clearance for mudguards on the frame with 23mm or 25mm tyres ?

Got the chance of a cheap frameset and wanted to use as a winter trainer.

doodlebug
    Free Member

Just bumping this up to the 10 o’clock crowd, anybody ?

shermer75
    Free Member
    MoreCashThanDash

Oooh – I’m liking the look of that! Rack mounts as well. A De Rosa commuter…..

tod456
    Free Member

It’s only the newer frames that has the mount’s, the older ones don’t.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Liked the look of this myself. Couldn’t find any proper geometry numbers for it though, the ones on the wiggle site looked a bit iffy. Be good to have figures for stack and reach too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have one, I don’t have guards on it, but could email you some images of the clearance with a 25c tyre if you want.

I really like mine, bought it second hand off pinkbike, although I’m not a roadie so don’t really have the knowledge to compare. It’s fun to ride, snappy and actually pretty comfy as well.

Here’s mine –

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1549739/

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is that not the standard Milaniano? I was looking at the Milaniano Training, which has a bit more clearance for guards (and needs long drop brakes.)

Nice bike though.

beej

Yep, there are two versions. I’ve got the training one on order from Wiggle, no ETA from them yet though.

If it ever arrives you’re free to have a look, I have a feeling you’re part of the West Berks massive?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ooo yes, that would be good. I’ll bring my tape measure 🙂

doodlebug
    Free Member

Thanks for the posts folks, just wanted a Alloy De Rosa frame for a winter trainer, the training frame is ideal as it has the mudguard mounts, but only comes in white !! Want a black frame, thanks for the photo link Nobeerinthefridge, yours is a belter, think will buy the frame from Wiggle and just take a chance on the clearance, can always return it 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

beej… is it there yet? 🙂

DanW
    Free Member

I was on the verge of ordering one of these too but went with a SH bike from the classified here. De Rosa don’t seem to offer a full geo list which is odd but hey ho. Cracking looking things and this has to be one of my favs (not “training” but same paintjob with Italian stripes masked out) 😀

doodlebug
    Free Member

DanW – Blimey, looks fast standing still !! The build looks “Bang On” It’s a alloy frame, but guess the weight is in the region of 7kg ??

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d love to have deep section rims on mine, that’s stunning.

beej

@MrBlobby, Nope, not even had a date from Wiggle yet!

beej

@Mr Blobby. Order was cancelled as there weren’t any available. I’ve just looked on Wiggle again and one has mysteriously appeared, at £40 more than previously, claiming to be in stock. Just ordered it… we’ll see if it turns up…

mrblobby
    Free Member

How annoying. Hope this one turns up!

DanW
    Free Member

The attractive prices came in when they only had a few “old” frames left and now the new model year frames are arriving so the price goes back up…. even though they are identical to each other as far as I can tell.

beej

Ta da! Just need a BB, cable guide, long drop brakes, guards, a rummage through the spares box and a slight canibalisation of the Kaffenback that it’s replacing.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oooh, I missed this. Is it built up yet?

Beej, if I’m not wrong you’re a Newbury local? Quite fancy checking that out.

Btw, who are you? Going by the Strava Goals thread, I’m sure I’ll know your name!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bump…?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Well, that’s just made my mind up for my new winter frame.
    Right, now who stocks them?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Right, now who stocks them?

Wiggle no longer do a frame only, which is a shame as I have a decent discount at the moment.

Anyone have one and care to take a tape measure to it for reach and stack?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bump for beej.

beej

Good bump.

Yes, it’s almost finished. Well, it’s finished to the point I’ve been out on it a couple of times. Currently sporting only a rear mudguard though, I got bored fitting them.

28mm Schwable Ones fit with SKS Blumels (I think), long drop brakes.

I’m Newbury based. I work for a big company with a red and white logo.

(Email in profile)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Smashing, thanks.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anybody got a De Rosa Milanino road frameset and does it…..’ is closed to new replies.