Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anybody got a 20 or 22 tooth SS cog I could borrow?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Just about finished my daughters Pompetamine but I still need a rear cog (I’m going SS for her to keep it simple and light and she doesn’t really do any hills).
    Its been suggested that a 42:20 or 42:22 setup would be good to start with but I’d like to try one or the other out first before I buy a nice cog just to make sure.
    Anybody got one or the other to fit Shimano cassette they could spare so she could give it a try? Happy to pay postage, etc.

qwerty
    Free Member

I think I might but need to check my spares bin tonight.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

sorry dude but its a no, biggest i have is an 18t

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

sure i have a new 20t you can have. pp gift to email addy in profile £3 and its yours.

sharkbait
    Free Member

HI DMP. Just trying an 18t on the bike to see how daughter gets on. What make of ring is it (wide or thin base)?

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

oh its just a thin base no name one….

donsimon
    Free Member

Have you not got a cassette you could throw on and an 8/9 speed chain, just for trying before buying?
    That’s how my newly singlespeeded roadbike is being run.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I looked for an old cassette but I’ve actually tidied/thrown them away.
    Anyway, went out for a quick spin with daughter #1 earlier and she says the 18t cog (£2.99 from CR) is fine so I may stick with that, but a 20 would be handy for more hilly stuff. She’s got a, 42 up front btw.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anybody got a 20 or 22 tooth SS cog I could borrow?’ is closed to new replies.