Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody got a 1*10 stainless ring?
  • easyrider
    Free Member

I’ve got 2*10 (X9) but wanting to change to 1*10 with a 36 front ring.
    Surly do rings but they don’t seem to be 10 speed thin?
    Seems a shame to go back to internal bb and Middleburn …..

carlphillips
    Free Member

dont on one ss rings cover 10sp?

easyrider
    Free Member

Surly don’t I know that.
    Just wondering what people are using out there?
    XTRm960 and X9 2*10 chainsets are up for conversion : doubt the X9 will cope with a 36 though and it’s a funny bcd so that may go on the classifieds, shame as the bb is bloody awesomely good for an external.
    Looking at rations 36*11 is a taller gear than 42*13 so I’m not loosing out on top end much.

takisawa2

easyrider, have you tried a Surly then ?
    I bought one to go on my 1×10, that I also run ss sometimes. Not fitted yet, but just had a look & it seems to roll ok along the chain. It measures just under 2.3mm, & the inner plates on the chain are just over 2.3mm apart. I’m currently using a cheap Deore 9spd middle ring thats lasted for ages.

Bugger. Looks like I’m going to have to get another 29er to run as ss all the time. 😆

tang
    Free Member

Ive been running shimano 9sp rings on a 1×10 set up for 1 year with no probs.

easyrider
    Free Member

Takisawa2 : Nope I have not tried a surly ring I but they don’t seem to mention 10 speed on the website : it could well work perfectly though! Then again it could give chainsuck like my inner ring is at the moment on the 29er, though its’ nearly brand new.
    My best ever chainset was a £25 ‘RPM’ branded one from CRC, pressed steel it shifts great and does not wear out 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody got a 1*10 stainless ring?’ is closed to new replies.