Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Anybody get any "Christmas bottles" from work?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

3 bottles of red and 2 white so far but can’t see a lot more rolling in between now and Christmas…

metalheart
    Free Member

I got a bottle of Buckie!

(Bit of a running gag)

singletrackmind

I got 5000 bottles of beer last week . Do I win a prize?

wrightyson
    Free Member

No but I’m intrigued as to whether you need any new friends 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

got my beer and wine delivered to the office

slimporcini
    Free Member

we all received a bottle of prosecco along with some chocolates.

maloney19710776
    Free Member

so far a bottle of red, six real ale and and litre of bombay sapphire. two days left….

40mpg

About 8 bottles of champagne, 2 bottles of port, 1 vodka. No wine at all this year which is unusual.

All goes in the cupboard and I raffle it off to the staff on the last day. I know a lot of the site guys used to go home with car boot fulls of stuff but much less these days, which isn’t a bad thing

stumpyjon

Bottle of red and white from work. 12 from Ocado though, first shop so £20 off plus 25% off if you bought six or more plus the one I wanted was already on offer.

Drac

I pinched a toffee Quality Street from another stations tin, they were the only ones left.

durhambiker
    Free Member

So far from customers I’ve had a a 1l bottle of Cutty Sark blended scotch, 3 bottles of wine, a tub of Roses, some Matchmakers and enough cash to cover food, drink and spending money for our Christmas week in Spain, and enough left over to do my Christmas shopping with today. Still got 3 days left to go too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A few nice bottles of red from happy clients.

And a bottle of single malt…couldn’t tell if it’s good or not. I hate whisky. 😐

kiwijohn

Only a couple of bottles.

lerk
    Free Member

Usually get a few bottles including a bottle of scotch, but after getting my collar felt a couple of years ago*, every single item of promotional merchandise (even wall calendars) goes in the office raffle. This year has been quiet so far though.

*nearly sent down the road as one of my team accused me of accepting cash bribes from a supplier who worked closely with the whole team got each member a box of beer. Not entirely sure how he came to that decision, but it caused me a lovely four week Xmas break of worry whilst hr tried to pin something on me…

mikey74
    Free Member

Since the anti-bribary regs came in we don’t get stuff from contractors any more. I’ve just had a bottle of wine from our IT support company.

davosaurusrex

I got two cases of Curious Brew lager (which I requested), more than happy with that

timidwheeler

Secret Santa bought me some Body Shop alcohol gell hand-sanitiser.
    Does that count?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Don P 2003. Totally wasted on me. In the cupboard you go.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Bottle of antipodean pinot noir from a lawyer
    Huge box of truffles from my ultimate boss
    Redonkulously wonderful Xmas hamper from one of the senior directors
    Strangely little snowglobe from the real estate group

It’s a wonderful life!

Coyote
    Free Member

One red and one white from a supplier. I’ll be giving them to the two apprentices.

CheesybeanZ

Bottle of Jonnie Walker Red label of a customer . Going in the cupboard – can’t stand whisky .

bruneep

I took a bottle of water off the fire engine yesterday

Smudger666

Quite the opposite – I’ve delivered £400 worth of decent wine to my customers.

Nothing back the way though 🙁

yetidave
    Free Member

Nothing apart from a box of shortbread.

br
    Free Member

My Dad ran a car factory in the 70’s and 80’s, he use to get hundreds of bottles of whisky every Christmas. Every one was donated to the various charities/raffles etc, as every year they got loads of requests for ‘contributions’.

He didn’t like whisky, but it was the bottle of ‘choice’ then.

Any that I got when running a large dept in the past was also donated – much to the chagrin of my staff 🙂

footflaps

Company gives us all a couple of bottles of wine every xmas and wife gets given quite a few from the car dealerships she manages….

SaxonRider

1 Bottle of Bombay Sapphire from my boss here.

bearnecessities

Big boss was dishing out Chateauneuf du pape, which was nice.

Less big boss gave out some wine less flash, which was equally nice.

I’ve handed out 6 bottles of Yellow-tail & £20 to skip/aggregate/bin/labourer/building folk.

Skip man looked very surprised; guess they don’t get tipped very often!

konabunny
    Free Member

Supplier sent a bottle of wine. Bit of a hassle because I will send it back. There’s no business reason for me to be getting gifts from them.

bearnecessities

Yeah, ‘cos everything’s got to have a ‘business reason’. Just give it to someone or use it to launch a ship.

konabunny
    Free Member

All that supplier’s costs are charged onto my clients. I’ve got an obligation to get the best value for them. There’s no legitimate reason for a supplier to be giving me sweeteners to think better of them. And if they’re not trying to get me to think better of them, why are they sending it?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Got a Christmas bottle of 15y/o personalized Glengoyne.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

konabunny – Member
    Supplier sent a bottle of wine. Bit of a hassle because I will send it back. There’s no business reason for me to be getting gifts from them.

POSTED 8 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    bearnecessities – Member
    Yeah, ‘cos everything’s got to have a ‘business reason’. Just give it to someone or use it to launch a ship.
    The business reason is to oil the wheels of business, it can be used by other suppliers to claim that you were bribed.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Is a bottle of plonk to say thanks considered bribery these days?

wrightyson
    Free Member

All the bottles I’ve ever received are just to say thanks for the help on site etc. The cheap skips and mates rates working at my house, well that’s different 😀

aP
    Free Member

No, I thought all that kind of thing stopped in the early 2000s.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Is a bottle of plonk to say thanks considered bribery these days?

Probably unlikely but it seems to be a bit of a grey area with the 2010 bribery act. No plonk here, seems to have stopped in recent years, whether that was changes to the bribery act or economic climate I don’t know. Id probably have no qualms with the odd bottle, but certainly wouldn’t be accepting the full cases that I used to get sometimes!

mikey74
    Free Member

In our case, we can’t be seen to have any bias when assessing tenders, so we can’t accept any gifts from Contractors.

chubstr
    Free Member

Nope, they give us a hamper every year of artisan nuts and cheese

They used to put two bottles of wine in until a gentleman of a non-drinking faith complained and the wine got stopped

wrightyson
    Free Member

Jeez it all gets taken a bit seriously doesn’t it. It’s Christmas ffs

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Anybody get any "Christmas bottles" from work?’ is closed to new replies.