Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Anybody fancy Cut Gate on friday 3rd Feb?
  • robhenry85
    Free Member

should be nice and frozen so a good time to do it? was thinking of an out and back from Langsett of about 20miles. i have never been so happy for someone to show me the way, or i can plan a route.

anyone up for a ride? or any other ride around there (or Leeds, where i live 😉 )

Stevelol
    Free Member

What time?

robhenry85
    Free Member

i’m free all day so up for whatever suits

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Might be up for this, I live 2 miles from Langsett so could ride from home. Done it twice this year so definitely know the way 😉

sambob
    Free Member

Don’t make me jealous. Would probably do it on Sunday but I’ll be recovering from HTN3.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Might be a bit busy on Sunday, it’s the Mickleden Straddle fell race, my wife is doing it so I’m probably riding over there to support her. Langsett carpark will definitely be chocka.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’d rather set off early (probably more frosty too)! Only ever ridden to the cairn and back so up for extending it. I’m pretty slow uphill though and would hate to slow anyone down..

sambob
    Free Member

That’s why I’d be there, my dad’s planning to do it. Either that or Long Mynd.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Drop me an e mail & I’ll sort out a RV point, don’t mind what time we start or speed we go at.

robhenry85
    Free Member

how about 10.00? At langsett barn carpark? It’s my only lie in of the week! Steve- i’m not all that great at hills aswell, will always ride 2 the slowest rider, or wait 2 catch up anyway! piston- are you up for friday? Would be good 2 have someone who knows where they are going.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Should be ok, the forecast is for minus temp until then so it should be hard enough! We could go over to slippery stones and do a loop around Derwent & Hagg Side, it’s about 20 miles starting from Langsett. I’ll probably ride from home.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Sounds good to me, which is langsett barn car park? The one nearer the roundabouts or langsett inn?

robhenry85
    Free Member

piston- yer thats the type of route i was thinking of, if you know the area and don’t mind leading that world be great!

Steve- i was thinking of the carpark near the roundabout, but where ever is the best for everyone? I just picked it at random really!

Anybody know what meeting place would be best?

Stevelol
    Free Member

That’s where I usually park, it’s probably the best of the two car parks.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Just watch the barrier if you have your bike on a roofrack.The other carpark is closer to the Wagon & Horses or Langsett Cafe for a post ride eat or drink, makes no odds really. I’ll be riding there off road so see you at 10.00 unless it’s really inclement.

robhenry85
    Free Member

Right then think i mixed my car parks up!

But because this one has no barrier, near to pub/cafe and toilets 😳

meet here at 10.00am, Langsett Barn car park –

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=421020&Y=400460&A=Y&Z=120

Stevelol
    Free Member

No worries, see you there, ill be on a black Transition, how will we recognise you Rob?

robhenry85
    Free Member

i’ll be the one on a bike 😉

got a blue/white beone hardtail, prob be in my ghay red hairdressers car 8)

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Black (is there any other colour) Blur for me, I’ll wear a carnation in my buttonhole and carry an umbrella, code phrase is “Cold for the time of year?”

tonto
    Free Member

Room for one more?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

No problem for me, see you at the main Langsett Barn CP at 10.00am.

tonto
    Free Member

Cool – I’ll probably be on a dirty Maverick

Stevelol
    Free Member

You can get arrested for doing that sort of thing in public Tonto :O

jamesco

You jammy gets, I’m off today and tomorrow but a mountain of paperwork to do so cant ride, then gotta go to Taunton thurs night,dagnabbit , bin looking to snag a group over Cutgate for yonks !Please post a report an’ pics lads,weekdays got to be best and this frost will make it perfect I guess.

robhenry85
    Free Member

the more the better by me! I hope the ground will be nice and hard anyway.
    piston, that code phrase will not do, you’ll have to show me the rose….. (that’s if your on about the film i think u are?)

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Wrap up warm kids, the forecast is saying -7 for Friday morning. I can see Outer Edge from my upstairs window and it is looking mighty frosty but not much snow.

monksie
    Free Member

I was on Jacobs Ladder today. Sheet ice most of the way up from Hayfield and the wind at the top was bonkers. I should have left the bike at home. A waste of a day.

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Hi Rob, if you enjoy it a group from the club are going over cut gate to fairhomes cafe and back to Langsett sat am. if you want to do it twice in 2 days 😉

MrH
    Free Member

If you don’t mind another I tag along.

jamesco

What time sat am and which meet point ? If you mind tag alongs, which club BTW ?

robhenry85
    Free Member

yer i saw that SteveB, going to a spa with the gf on sat.

working up the hills should keep us nice and warm 😉

MrH – everyone and anyone are more then welcome

James – http://www.badbrainsmbc.co.uk
    and
    http://www.badbrainsmbc.co.uk/forum/other-rides/the-gate/#p1103

robhenry85
    Free Member

10.00am, Langsett Barn car park –

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=421020&Y=400460&A=Y&Z=120

Riding
    robhenry85
    Stevelol
    pistonbroke
    tonto
    Mr H

brokensoul
    Free Member

If life doesn’t get in the way, I’ll see you there.

Chip

robhenry85
    Free Member

looks like it’s going to be a cold one, so as said, wrap up warm! but also looks like the sun will be out too 8)

see you all @ 10.00

Riding
    robhenry85
    Stevelol
    pistonbroke
    tonto
    Mr H
    brokensoul

robhenry85
    Free Member

thanks for turning out guys!

was hard work in the snow, but i had fun 😆

just a few quick pics

tonto
    Free Member

Nice pics.
    It was properly slippery on cut gate.
    WLT was a lot better but that Strines road to Langsett went on FOREVER!

robhenry85
    Free Member

to be fair the ride back over cut gate was much better, after we (more so me) walked our bikes to the top. Could ride it all really, the ice was a little tricky tho 😳

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Anybody fancy Cut Gate on friday 3rd Feb?’ is closed to new replies.