Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody experience of a private/fixed fee house sale ?
  • gusamc
    Free Member

Hi

there seem to be quite a few options around. As I’m just selling (end of chain) I can’t see any huge issue but was wondering if anybody had used one to buy or sell and could give advice/recommendations.

From my perspective (*thinking as a buyer) if it’s on RightMove etc and I can get details, arrange viewing etc etc then I can’t really see an issue.

*As I work viewing would have t be eves/weekends,poss lunch hour – would this put you off ?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I bought my house from a friend who needed a bigger place. If i recall, apart from no estate agent it was all done in the usual manner as my bank wanted the usual solicitor stuff done.
    Very easy actually.

poonprice
    Free Member

I used one of these fixed fee companies to get my house listed on RightMove, they did the write up, room measurements and photo’s etc. Any interested parties then got text and emailed to me and it was up to me to call them back and arrange the viewings.

Once i had a buyer, I did the negotiating and once we agreed on the price we just put the solicitors in contact with each other.. Very easy process and I won’t be paying any estate agents a percentage again!

gusamc
    Free Member

poonprice – which one pls

samuri
    Free Member

We’re just about to exchange on a normal house purchase through estate agents. As with last time we bought a house, I’m questioning what the estate agents actually do. I’d welcome any purchase that didn’t involve them.

poonprice
    Free Member

gusamc,

Sorry for late post, forgot to check back. I used a company called http://www.mypropertyforsale.co.uk and think I paid around £300.

But I guess they all work the same, as long as they get you on rightmove

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody experience of a private/fixed fee house sale ?’ is closed to new replies.